Ooenbh download help

markmr3

I haventbused my vu+ forva while and I want to switch images to openbh. I have read that I need to add a program to the vu so it will run openbh but I cant find what program I need to download. Thanks

Mick12334

Staff member
You don't need a program, to load OpenBh, on your VU+ receiver, just a USB stick, formatted to FAT 32, if you're putting on your receiver, and not just using a Multiboot option.

Which model, of the VU+ do you have?

Each model has their own version, of OpenBh.

markmr3

Hi, I have the original vu+duo, not the 2 version. Ice had my dish alignment checked and it showing 98%snr. Ive done a new channel search and it's not picking up and of the bbc channels. Ivevtried to put them in manually but it's not finding them. I'm really struggling to understand what's wrong as I can pick up channel4 HD, quest HD. Do you know if this receiver is now compatible with the new bbc channels. I've also lost the USA channels, select, 5syar, 5 action, 5 USA and many more.

markmr3

Hi, I have the original vu+duo, not the 2 version. Ice had my dish alignment checked and it showing 98%snr. Ive done a new channel search and it's not picking up and of the bbc channels. Ivevtried to put them in manually but it's not finding them. I'm really struggling to understand what's wrong as I can pick up channel4 HD, quest HD. Do you know if this receiver is now compatible with the new bbc channels. I've also lost the USA channels, select, 5syar, 5 action, 5 USA and many more.
I looked at the openbh downloads but they aren't showing a image for the older vu+duo. Should I try the vu 2 image download

markmr3

So I turn off the vu at the back then I insert the USB stick in the front. Do i then turn the vu back on or ??

Mick12334

Staff member
Yes, after downloading the file, you unzip it, then load the vuplus folder, onto the FAT 32 formatted USB stick.
You then turn off your receiver, at the rear, insert the USB stick, in the front port, turn on the receiver, and then the receiver should recognize the file, and load the new image.

I find the old, smaller, USB sticks work best, for me.

markmr3

I used the USB stick I used to use, infact it still had bh3.1.0 on it. I formatted the USB to fat32 which deleted everything. Then I transfered the unzipped duo 5.0 file to the USB. The vu was turned off and when I turned it back on it showed on the vu screen reading USB, then starting, then vu duo then itv 2. It hadnt downloaded anything and I don't know what or what I'm doing wrong. I've used 2 different USB sticks and still the same

Mick12334

Staff member
After unzipping the file, you send the vuplus folder, onto the USB stick. Try another USB stick, they don't always work, even if they've worked before. I have had to switch twice, over the years, and even had to buy a Toshiba 8GB stick, a few years back, which thankfully is still working.

markmr3

I only have 3 sticks and ive tried them all. I've even tried leaving the vu turned off for 5 mins before I put in the USB. I've even unplugged everything apart from the dish cables from the vu and still nothing works. I'm pulling out what little hair I have now

Mick12334

Staff member
Have you tried OpenBh 4.4?

Did you ever update the VU+ Duo CFE?
Code:
http://www.vuplus.com/board/boardView.php?idx=3&pagenum=2