error initializing HDD

balage

hi :)
just bought a second hand vu+ solo2 with openbh 5.3 and when i try to initialize the internal 500gb hdd, the process seems to go through fine, but gets a bit stuck at 99% (at mounting), then returns a timeout error. i tried with a pendrive, same result.
could someone help me out, pls?
thanks

Mick12334

Staff member
What happened when you ran the file system check?

It's been a long time, since I fitted my hard drive, but I don't recall any problems, but when I installed mine it was using a very early Black Hole image, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

You could try removing the hard drive, connecting it to your PC, and check the hard drive for any problems.

balage

What happened when you ran the file system check?

It's been a long time, since I fitted my hard drive, but I don't recall any problems, but when I installed mine it was using a very early Black Hole image, and it's worked perfectly ever since.

You could try removing the hard drive, connecting it to your PC, and check the hard drive for any problems.
thanks for answering!
the file system check does not run either, it also shows some errors. im not brave enough to open the box and remove the hdd :)
i would think the hdd is faulty, but i also attached a usb pendrive and tried to initialize that, but the same error came up, so i think the problem lies elsewhere.

Mick12334

Staff member
It might be worth an internet search, for 99% problem with initializing ahard drive in Enigma 2 receivers, or using OpenBh.

balage

It might be worth an internet search, for 99% problem with initializing ahard drive in Enigma 2 receivers, or using OpenBh.
i did that, but havent found a solution. one site suggested manually creating folder paths using telnet, but sadly, im not tech savvy enough for that. and somehow i feel this should be easier

Mick12334

Staff member
Removing the hard drive is extremely simple, just unplg the receiver first.
As soon as you remove the cover, you will see how simple it is.
There used to be a video, on youtube, showing how to install a hard drive, in a VU+ Solo 2.

balage

Removing the hard drive is extremely simple, just unplg the receiver first.
As soon as you remove the cover, you will see how simple it is.
There used to be a video, on youtube, showing how to install a hard drive, in a VU+ Solo 2.
thanks, i might try as a last resort, but if the same error happens when trying to initialize a usb pendrive? and i tested that pendrive on a pc and it works. i even formatted it