How to see openBH in windows 10 network ?

Mick12334

Staff member
What exactly do you want to do?
You can access your receiver by using openwebif, just type your receivers networrk address, into a browser, and you can connect to it, and do a lot of things.
You can also use dreambox tools, like dreamboxedit, to download, and edit, your channel list, and bouquets.
Use Filezilla to connect to your receivers directory structure, I tend to use Filezilla to send downloaded videos, to my VU+ hard drive, usually old classics, from youtube, dailymotion, etc..
Can you please provide more information, regarding what you require.

betanceiro

I just want windows to detect it in red
If I can access from openwebif, DCC, fillezille etc
It is faster from windows network by not having to open programs

s8un3no

Penso voglia attivare samba per vedere il decoder su esplora risorse

Translate
I think he wants to activate samba to see the decoder in the explorer

Mick12334

Staff member
Have you set a password, in OpenBh 5.3? Just go into Network, Password, and follow the options to set a password remembering to save on exiting. You need a password to use various utilities.

We still need more information.

How to use Samba on Windows 10

[Network Place (Samba) Share] How to access the files on Network Devices using SMBv1 in Windows 10 ?
  1. Open Control Panel in your PC/Notebook.
  2. Click on Programs.
  3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off link.
  4. Expand the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option.
  5. Check the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client option.
  6. Click the OK button.
Article for setting it up:
Code:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-connect-to-linux-samba-shares-from-windows-10/

Mick12334

Staff member
In the "type here to search" box type control panel
control panel.jpg

Once in the control panel click on programs.

Click on the Windows Features On Off link:
turn windows features on.jpg

A new window should open, showing the folders, scroll down to SMB and click the + sign, then you can turn on the feature:
SMB.jpg

Mick12334

Staff member
What doesn't work? Have you checked the box, indicated in previous posts?
If so have you followed the link, I posted earlier, showing how to connect your VU+ receiver?

QMax

I'd like to resume this tread, cause I'm struggling with more or less the same problem.
OpenBh 5.3.015 freshly installed, all seems working fine but I'm not able to access Solo2 from Windows explorer.
If I browse my network, VU appear as VUSOLO2 but it's not accessible with a double click.
It works fine if I open VU shares using \\192.168.1.1 or \\VUSOLO2.local.
I had to change also my Net/Mapping in Windows, using IP address.
Really don't know what else to try. Same PC worked like a charme until yesterday with old BlackHole image installed.
A second laptop Win10 works fine instead...
If you have some ideas..... Tnx!

QMax

Ok, the problem was Comodo Firewall, that silently blocked all connection to that share without a notification. Probably it sniffed a change into the remote resource and considered an attack.
Problem solved, thanks for your support.