Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
Sort Menu screens/entries

What many do not know.
You can sort almost any Menu in OBH

Main Menu >>Setup >> User Interface >> Settings >>Sort menu screens>>Save
You have the options user defined and user defined hidden

In a Menu, press the blue button (Edit menu)
you can now hide or show an entry in the Menu
you can move the entries in the Menu up and down,
with buttons left right usually next to the Zero button.
Of course SAVE change.

Note
user defined hidden
the invisible/hidden option is that someone else would not see this possibility but the blue button is active

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, but it's the case to add that, after having moved the menu item, you need to save the new situation by GREEN.

exsat2

I will have to check... the menu items in Italian.
thank you

dovro controllare...le voci del menu in italiano
grazie

exsat2

ho provato ora,la funzione é proprio ben nascosta...senza istruzioni sfido chiunque a capire come attivarla...purtroppo dopo aver salvato con tasto verde,uscendo e rientrando nel menù torna come era prima degli spostamenti...
rientrando nel menù e premendo tasto blu riappaiono in basso i tasti abilitati...se premo blu,reset order,le voci tornano nel mio ordine..risalvo con tasto verde ma al rientro il menù torna con sua disposizione originale...
sia che setto nel menù interfaccia utente in modalità definito dall'utente sia nascosto dall'utente...
possibile che non mantiene le modifiche pur avendo salvato?

grazie e ciao

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
This is the international (English) section of the board, so please only use English here.

You have an Italian section to speak in Italian.

exsat2

photo 1 original menu
photo 2 enabled move
photo 3 modified menu
photo 4 saving with green button
photo 5 menu after save with green button and exit from edit menu
photo 6 reopening menu, and 'everything as before the modification

if I reactivate the keys for editing by pressing blue, the menu is without my changes, if I take blue (reset order) back with my changes, exiting dap menu, both saving with green key is without saving, at the end the menu always appears as in origin, never stores my saves

Attachments

• P_20220426_192357.jpg
    P_20220426_192357.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 26
  • P_20220426_192412.jpg
    P_20220426_192412.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
  • P_20220426_192525.jpg
    P_20220426_192525.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 26
  • P_20220426_192534.jpg
    P_20220426_192534.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 26
  • P_20220426_192543.jpg
    P_20220426_192543.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 24
  • P_20220426_192554.jpg
    P_20220426_192554.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 25

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I did another change to one of submenus (Interfaccia utente-GUI) and it was very simple:
1) I pressed BLUE
2) I highlighted the item "Lingua"
3) I moved it by the key > to the bottom of the list
4) I saved by pressing GREEN
5) EXIT

Result attached

If you don't manage following exactly the same steps, it means, as Zorro said, you must've messed up your image, maybe trying to install the old Menusort from older versions. It wouldn't be a surprise...

Attachments

• Editing-Menu.jpg
    Editing-Menu.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 14

B.D.

Once you have learned the procedure it is very easy to modify the menus, I have modified several and with different skins. Of course the image must be functional and without alterations.

exsat2

Sorry...always my fault
finally I succeeded, I tried to run menusort and partially succeeded in getting something, I forgot to delete the menusort plugin folder and its configuration file menusort.xml
now i've modified the various menus as i wanted to
thanks 1000 to all

scusate...sempre colpa mia
finalmente sono riuscito,avevo provato a far funzionare menusort riuscendo parzialmente ad ottenere qualcosa,mi ero dimenticato di eliminare la cartella del plugin menusort e il suo file di configurazione menusort.xml
ora ho modificato i vari menu' come volevo io
grazie 1000 a tutti

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I knew it... IT requires to be logical and tidy. You create a lot of messy environments with your empirical approach.

exsat2

in informatica penso che bisogna sempre provarle tutte,anche sfidando la logica,si sbaglia certo,ma spesso si risolve,gli aiuti che date certo non sono poco

sempre grazie

In computer science, I think you should always try everything, even defying logic. Of course you can make mistakes, but you can often solve them.

thank's