¿Is there telnet access in Open BH 0.1?

E

Eragon

If you use a telnet SSH protected connection you need to set a password.

N

nunigaia

OK but I can to connect with SSH in Black Hole 2.1.4 and no password. ¿How is this possible?

If you use DCC ( dreambox control center ), as password use "vuplus", "dreambox", cause i have experienced connection limitations when i leave password field "BLANK".

best regards
nunigaia

M

mangy

Hi,I am using DCC,I have tried the above and still says incorrect password,any ideas

N

nunigaia

Hi,I am using DCC,I have tried the above and still says incorrect password,any ideas

Let it blank on password :

user: root
password:

Don´t introduce any password
try it ant try to check:

You must check your network, firewall, etc

What error do you receive 10057?

M

mangy

Done that still the same,it was ok before I put this image on,I had blackhole latest image,very strange,no matter what image I have tryed I have had no problems with DCC Telnet

N

nunigaia

Done that still the same,it was ok before I put this image on,I had blackhole latest image,very strange,no matter what image I have tryed I have had no problems with DCC Telnet

Uninstall dcc and reboot your PC.
Disable your windows firewall and/or other firewall you have
Install DCC and connect to your STB normally,

Upon connected enable firewall.
By the way, are you experiencing issues too, with OpenWebif?

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:
G

guntars00

Yes, it is not possible connect box using ssh client like Putty immediately after Open Black Hole image installation and it is not firewall problem. This is because there's no password set for root user yet. First you need connect to your box using standard Windows telnet client. It will allow you connect using root username without password. Then type command "passwd" at the prompt to set new password for user root. When password for root user is set you can use Putty again to connect.