Access to Octagon outside the home

zeberil

The SF8008 with the last image cannot be accessed using VPN...

Can anyone test? Until now with the previous images this situation has never existed...

Hi
Seems you will not get any help for this problem here? Try installing the last OpenVix image. If OpenVix has identical problem, then post on their forum about it. If it is fixed in OpenVix, then it will probably be also fixed in Open Black Hole as the image build sources are related.

Not sure how it could ever have worked, a vpn is not a unique IP, it's used by hundreds if not thousands of devices, so how you could ever connect to a vpn ip and access your box directly is beyond me.

Not sure how it could ever have worked, a vpn is not a unique IP, it's used by hundreds if not thousands of devices, so how you could ever connect to a vpn ip and access your box directly is beyond me.
It depends on the VPN i guess. With Surfshark i.e. and maybe other VPNs you can generate a static IP and always use that. Something like with dynDNS and similar.

I don't really know how to explain myself... because it seems like it's getting more complicated... I have a router with a VPN, I put the respective file on the box and access it from anywhere in the world as if I were at home... Access is via smartphone or PC.... it has always been like this until this last image. But, I can also access it using the VPS VPN... in this case I'm not getting it either. The VPN works well on Oscam.
I use the VPN at home to be able to watch streaming through Octagon since it has h265 which makes a difference here... an example:

#EXTM3U
#EXTVLCOPT:http-reconnect=true
#EXTINF:-1,RTP1 HD

192.168.178.25 is the internal IP of the box...

Hi
Seems you will not get any help for this problem here? Try installing the last OpenVix image. If OpenVix has identical problem, then post on their forum about it. If it is fixed in OpenVix, then it will probably be also fixed in Open Black Hole as the image build sources are related.
It will always be resolved... with the previous image or all the others behind... perhaps, out of curiosity, I will follow your suggestion.

Back