Backup Issue with backup of OpenBh 5

amine2010

Hi Everyone,
i installed OpenBh 5 on my duo2 on flash and on HDD but when i tried to make a backup it fails and i conld not get the access to it by ftp and i have the errot message which i attached below. any help please.
Thanks and have a nice weekend

Attachments

• error.jpeg
    error.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 28

tbe

I had that also on my vu+ solo 4k but I did get around it by saving the backup to usb drive rather than hdd, seems crazy but the backup process works every time

AlexWilMac

Staff member
No, it does not depend on the device: it's supposed to work everywhere (for instance, I use a NAS for it).
Sometimes it happens, particularly if the image is installed in OMB. It seems a sort of timeout problem. If you have a debug log, please send.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Debug log needs to be enabled by the specific Menu (Setup/System/Logs). And it will be saved accordingly to the path you choose in its Settings submenu. Mine, for instance, is saved in /media/hdd/logs, but this is your choice.

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
??? What does it mean "there's no file home in the image"? Please explain: I told you how to enable the debug log: did you enable it? If not, you won't have any files.
And then you can choose the path you like.

Again, pressing MENU/Setup/System/Logs
you have two submenus:
Settings, where you NEED to enable debug logs, you can choose its path and other options.
Log Manager where you can view Debug Logs or Crash Logs by pressing RED, as you can read in the GUI.

amine2010

sorry if my repley was not clear. i mean i can not find a file with the name home after the backup failed and i could not get the acces to ftp by dcc. i find a solution by ceatting a file named home then another one inside named root by the Ajpanel. i enabled debug log in settings and i will try again, if it fails again i will psot the log here, by the way i need a plugin to reorder the plugins like PluginSort as there is no option like other images. thank you so much for your help

AlexWilMac

Staff member
As I wrote, you are not obliged to use that path: you can choose whatever path or device you like in the submenu Settings I have told you about.
I, for instance, save my logs in my HDD.

amine2010

I know and I changed the path to HDD. when i tried again i got only this message on screen and no logs and the worst the file home disappears as you can see in the attached photos

Attachments

• error 1.jpeg
    error 1.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 12
  • scan.png
    scan.png
    35 KB · Views: 11

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Again this folder (not file) "home": why do you need it if you say you changed the path? If you really changed it, as I already wrote, you will find the logs in
/media/hdd/logs, like in my attached picture.

And, above all: I had asked you a very important info, whom you haven't given us: is it you image installed in flash or in OMB? Because, if it's in multiboot, this error occurs much more often.

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-01-27 alle 22.16.16.png
    Schermata 2022-01-27 alle 22.16.16.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 7

s8un3no

please find attached the debug log. thanks
Ho visto il log, è molto incasinato, hai plugin in python 2 e librerie compilate in python 3.7 che sembrano incompatibili con altre compilate in python 3.9

Translate
I saw the log, it is very messed up, you have plugins in python 2 and libraries compiled in python 3.7 which seem incompatible with others compiled in python 3.9
I think the only one is to reset everything and start from scratch

< 79.8218> print "[CRONMANAGER] Pluginexecution failed"
< 79.8228> ^
< 79.8238> SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'.
CRONMANAGER is in python 2
RuntimeWarning: compiletime version 3.7 of module 'DreamSat.ui.VirtualKeyboard' does not match runtime version 3.9
Incompatible version 3.7 and 3.9 python

amine2010

thank you bro for you message and help. i really do not how all this happened because i not expert in enigma2 but when i used this image i was careful about the plugins to be in python3.

s8un3no

È un momento delicato, si sta passando da py2 a py3, anche i grandi sbagliano, per noi è impossibile non sbagliare :D

Translate
It is a delicate moment, we are passing from py2 to py3, even the great ones make mistakes, for us it is impossible not to make mistakes: D

amine2010

I niticed that the python3 has many many issues. it is supposed that all plugins in python2 work fine with python3 as all the other software and that is the big mistake i think. python3 os not stable yet. i had to flah my duo2 with old cfe to use openmultiboot that was impossible with python3 for me.