Boot logo - how to change?

goral

HI.
I have boot logo from VTi image, it stay after I try VTi image, and is quite annoying.
How can I change for original OBh one and what is name for original boot logo OBh?
Thansk.

goral

When you flash OBH image that will change to OBH image bootlogo.
I flash image OBH from my backup, and VTi logo is still presents.
So it is only one option - flash clean image OBH and then flashing image from backup?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
What you call boot logo is the splash screen: you still have the VTi one because OBH backups haven't the BH splash screen stored (there is no OBH specific one: the installation files of OBH contain the traditional BH splash screen).
So, you need to take this splash screen from an image installation file, unzipping it.
It is located in the most internal folder of the structure and it's named
splash_auto.bin

Put it into a flashdrive with the usual structure for the flash.
For instance, if your box is a Solo4K, it must be within the folder
/vuplus/solo4k

Then flash as usual; only you'll be flashing only this file. But mind to create the whole structure for flashing, as I wrote.

goral

Do you think, If I add splash_auto.bin file from image to backup image (keeping file structure) it will flash backup im age with splash screen?
I just don't want brick my box:)
One more q. If I setup multiboot, and I will be want back to default setting- do I just need flash fresh image?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Yes that would work, but it is not needed.

You just need the splash_auto.bin and it will only update that file as none of the others exist.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Exactly, as Ev0 said and as I already wrote you: "...flash as usual; only you'll be flashing only this file...", there's no need to reflash everything: only and just that file. But the folder's structure must be the usual for the whole image procedure, with the whole structure. Very simple.

goral

Just one small update. After flash splash_auto.bin - all my timers are mishmash and all EPG was gone.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Just one small update. After flash splash_auto.bin - all my timers are mishmash and all EPG was gone.
updating the splash screen will have no effect on timers, epg or anything else, other than changing the splash screen image.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I confirm: don't do a witch-hunt. Are you sure you put only that file in your pendrive? If so, your problem is not related to the flashing of a bitmap file!

goral

Oh! Yes, mea culpa. I just copy splash file to USB, and instead of replace all files PC just add this files to uno4kse directory.
I not check content of uno4kse directory.
And I flash whole backup.

ALIEN1X

Are there varoius boot logos to choose from in OBH?
If so, would that be under plugins menu?
Is boot logo as a short movie/video supported with sound and if so how can this be created and what file format?

nunigaia

Staff member
Are there varoius boot logos to choose from in OBH?
If so, would that be under plugins menu?
Is boot logo as a short movie/video supported with sound and if so how can this be created and what file format?

No, because we don't like to adorn our images with superfluous things. We always want to "try" to reduce the boot time, always giving priority to memory for any other type of things, and always redirected to the most important ( performance ).

AlexWilMac

Staff member
@ALIEN1X
As many people call "bootlogo" the splash screen, if you are talking about it the answer is no: splash screen is a bmp fixed type file. You can use another splash screen but you can't use whatever file you like as splash screen: it must have the resolution, the colour scheme and bit depth exactly like the splash screen has.
If you are talking about the real boot logo (the one with, for example, the text "OpenBH 5.0" and the background with clouds) that is possible to change from the Addons panel, but it's always a picture, not a "movie".

Last edited: