BUG: No columns in channel list

NotLikeSomeone

After one of the latest updates, the channel list option about columns' width has no effect any longer: the channel is immediately followed by the event instead of being "split".
I loaded 5.3.011 from a multiboot slot and it's as it has always been.

Attachments

• 5.3.11.channel-list.jpg
    5.3.11.channel-list.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.3.13.channel-list.jpg
    5.3.13.channel-list.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 28

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bug, the feature has been removed, but we forgot to remove the option from the configuration menu.

Will be removed in next update

NotLikeSomeone

This is a bad news, very bad: this way it's a mess to read the events in the channel list, all glued together: why this peculiar decision? What was the issue before?
It'd be already a bit better to set, at least, a fixed column layout.

s8un3no

Nella mia skin riesco a dare colori diversi al nome canale e al nome evento, i colori diversi danno una buona separazione

Translate
In my skin I can give different colors to the channel name and the event name, the different colors give a good separation

First of all, skin has nothing to do with the Columns setting. The setting is one and the same for all skins, so you have to adjust the setting to look good with the skin. Not the opposite.
So a fixed column layout is not possible now.
I will try to return that columns back, But in my opinion the way it is done is inconvenient since on one skin it my work with particular setting in other not.
Meanwhile you can try two-line layout which have separation between event text and service name (if that was what bothers you)

NotLikeSomeone

I perfectly know that skin has no role over columns layout. I mentioned that only because s8un3no suggested to use a different skin in order to improve readability of the events.
The two rows layout would make useless the personal choice of preferring to show 25 channels per screen, which I find very comfortable.
Obviously, every feature is a matter of personal taste, but the freedom in customization is priceless, in my opinion :)

The main problem is users want the software to do everything they want. And doesnt understand that this is hell for developers which can not support hundreds of variations in the code.
And when initially the code is not implemented clear we come to a point to optimize stuff and try to not make it a mess this time. In that process there are losses....

So "priceless" you said.... For users yes...But it comes with much higher price for the developers.

Anyway i will see what can be done with that. But still think the better solution would be that to be skin controlled since some user will set it in the config then change the skin it will got broken and he will say why that not work anymore (just in the way you reported it ;) )

So sometimes freedom is not so good....

s8un3no

I perfectly know that skin has no role over columns layout. I mentioned that only because s8un3no suggested to use a different skin in order to improve readability of the events.
The two rows layout would make useless the personal choice of preferring to show 25 channels per screen, which I find very comfortable.
Obviously, every feature is a matter of personal taste, but the freedom in customization is priceless, in my opinion :)
Non ho mai detto di cambiare skin, solo che se cambi colore alla service description, basta fare una piccola modifica al file skin.xml che sta nella cartella della skin.
Quel file è pieno di sezioni "<screen" ognuna di queste si riferisce a una finestra diversa, nel tuo caso devi entrare nella "<screen" name="ChannelSelection", li dentro trovi il "<widget" name="list" in quel widget puoi configurare l'aspetto della lista come vuoi, quello che da il colore al nome dell'evento è: colorServiceDescription="XTW_Greenlight"
dove XTW_Greenlight è il nome del colore. Ogni skin ha la sua tabella dei colori (e dei font), di solito sono nelle prime righe del file skin.xml, ovviamente dorai usare un nome colore della tua skin, se metti questo avrai un errore. Puoi anche cambiare il font e le sue dimensioni per renderlo più evidente rispetto al nome del canale, puoi agire sia sul nome evento sia su nome canale, non serve cambiare skin ma solo personalizzare quella che hai.
Se intendi provare è importante salvare copia del file originale per poterlo ripristinare in caso di errore, riavvii o passaggio in automatico alla skin di default.
Posto il widget che ho io, ricordo che per la tua skin non va bene, non corrispondono colori e font, devi usare quelli della sua skin, puoi vedere quante cose si possono cambiare sulla visualizzazione della lista canali

Translate
I never said to change the skin, only that if you change the color of the service description, just make a small change to the skin.xml file located in the skin folder.

That file is full of "<screen" sections, each of these refers to a different window, in your case you have to enter the "<screen" name="ChannelSelection", in there you will find the "<widget" name="list" in that widget you can configure the appearance of the list as you want, the one that gives the color to the event name is: colorServiceDescription="XTW_Greenlight"

where XTW_Greenlight is the color name. Each skin has its own color (and font) table, they are usually in the first lines of the skin.xml file, obviously you will have to use a color name of your skin, if you put this you will get an error. You can also change the font and its size to make it more evident than the channel name, you can act on both the event name and the channel name, you don't need to change the skin but just customize the one you have.

If you intend to try it, it is important to save a copy of the original file to be able to restore it in the event of an error, reboot or automatic switch to the default skin.

I'll post the widget I have, I remember that it's not good for your skin, the colors and fonts don't match, you have to use those of its skin, you can see how many things can be changed on the channel list view

<widget name="list" itemHeight="50" fieldMargins="15" nonplayableMargins="15" itemsDistances="8" progressBarWidth="70" progressPercentWidth="80" progressbarHeight="12" backgroundColor="XTW_Background" colorEventProgressbarBorder="XTW_Selection" colorEventProgressbarBorderSelected="XTW_Foreground" colorServiceDescription="XTW_Greenlight" colorServiceDescriptionSelected="XTW_Foreground" foregroundColorServiceNotAvail="XTW_Accent2" serviceItemHeight="50" serviceNameFont="Regular2; 32" serviceNumberFont="Regular2; 32" serviceInfoFont="ScaleFont; 30" position="62,125" size="1105,850" transparent="1" />