feed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khafanpardaz

hi
in over country " Iran " ((so bad for internet ))
we cannot update vu+ reciver box whit box abut menus and yellow keys
i found 1 way
i use vcc program and after connect to box i use hotspot shield app and after that telenet
and use this command
"init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6"
but from yesterday i cannot update this model

i upload pic from this error

please help me
thanks all admins

1111.jpg 222.jpg

A

angelofsky1980

We are very sorry for Internet restrictions your country has established but our feed server is worldwide accessible.
If your country has banned some traffic to some countries where our server is resident we cannot do nothing to solve the problem.

The message "Forbidden" took from your web browser (as said in Shoutbox) mean that all works regularly but the server is not configured to user direct access but only BH/OBH images can fetch the respective content.

The only thing I can suggest you is to verify carefully the box network setup and be sure that all is configured correctly to use your hotspot or anything else you use usually to retreive image updates from your boxes.

T

Thomas67

I dont now how the setup for feeds are in BlackHole/OpenBlackhole but often the blocks are connected to surten domain names and words. Would it not be possible to use ipdress to feeds so the box dont have to
go by any DNS Servers to connect for upgrade?

T

Thomas67

Well another option would be to try the "bh feeds file" that was distrubed when Team Blackhole hade the last domain name and server problem?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there really nobody in the Team that have no ide? I know this guy has asked many times if there is someway to get around this issu he and others have
and i dont see this as any poiltic just a guy who likes and support this site and its staff for there good work and wants some help?

If the problem is just a domain name, fix that with a custom feeds and host file for those with this problem.

And there is a Persian section on the forum so i guess that you have that for a purpuse and should be someone who could at least give the guy some help.

K

khafanpardaz

Well another option would be to try the "bh feeds file" that was distrubed when Team Blackhole hade the last domain name and server problem?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there really nobody in the Team that have no ide? I know this guy has asked many times if there is someway to get around this issu he and others have
and i dont see this as any poiltic just a guy who likes and support this site and its staff for there good work and wants some help?

If the problem is just a domain name, fix that with a custom feeds and host file for those with this problem.

And there is a Persian section on the forum so i guess that you have that for a purpuse and should be someone who could at least give the guy some help.
thanks

K

khafanpardaz

Don´t spamm please, you asked for it at shoutbox and is not allowed ask for support there, @angelofsky1980 has friendly answered there. The answer he posted on shoutbox is:

- BH feeds works regularly. They are ONLY accessible by boxes of course!

We can´t do nothing about the restrictions you have on your country to internet services.

best regards
nunigaia
sorry for spam i think its error
networking and Cisco is my job

thanks

A

angelofsky1980

You can try to use bh feeds file of course and hope this can work...

Hope that Persian Mod can help you: try to contact him via PM

A

Alexwilmac

Well, I'm now interested not in the "political" issue but in the technical one. As Thomas67 said, is it possible to:
1) change the system file in BH or OBH which contains the path to the feed?
2) change the path itself by the IP address?
or, I add,
2b) change the path itself by another one, pointing at an alternative server?
If so, what is the system file to edit?
This would be useful also under other circumstances: for instance, to point at a different server with a backup of the feeds. If I'm not wrong, we have now two domains completely independent, haven't we?

T

Thomas67

I am guessing that BH Feedserver has an Static IP Adress and it should be possible to use that in config files. Also for all us others if there would be some DNS trouble in the future.

Did some digging in to system files and they need some clean up some old and we talking really old reference to feeds i assume dont exist anymore since they are rule breakers ;)
But i dont want to do any re writing of those files since its not my place and i am no member of Team BlackHole.

But it looks like it could be done.

A

Alexwilmac

Good: I hadn't managed to find it, so far, by Filezilla. Does this mean it is possible to replace the URL by the actual IP 5.135.154.123 ?
I'm not sure this would solve khafanpardaz's (and the other users in the same situation) problem, but maybe...

S

Shiro

We are a legal board and we cannot help users to break their country laws and restrictions.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.