HDD stops working until i reboot

G

ginjaninja

guys can you help

since installing OBH i have had HDD issues, whereas i had none with BH 2.1.7

whenever i set timers sometimes they do not record then when i try an timeshift it will not work, however if i reboot the box everything starts working again.

any ideas

the ninja

G

ginjaninja

forgot to mention even though i can no longer record or pause when this happens the HDD is still detected and i can still watch previous recorded movies.

N

nunigaia

forgot to mention even though i can no longer record or pause when this happens the HDD is still detected and i can still watch previous recorded movies.

Are your HDD mapped ... verify this on pressing on your RCU:

<MENU>, <BLACKHOLE APP´S>, <DEVICE MANAGER>.

Your HDD must be mapped as /media/hdd and to record you must have the folder <movie> on your HDD root.

Note: If not mapped ... map it as /media/hdd

best regards
nunigaia

G

ginjaninja

Are your HDD mapped ... verify this on pressing on your RCU:

<MENU>, <BLACKHOLE APP´S>, <DEVICE MANAGER>.

Your HDD must be mapped as /media/hdd and to record you must have the folder <movie> on your HDD root.

Note: If not mapped ... map it as /media/hdd

best regards
nunigaia

HDD says its mounted now and did when the issue exists. (currently working after a reboot).

this is an image of my root directory on DCC

Attachments

• BoxFTP.JPG
    BoxFTP.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 10
N

nunigaia

HDD says its mounted now and did when the issue exists. (currently working after a reboot).

this is an image of my root directory on DCC

Take a look on this:

And act as i say on it ... post screen shot ...

BoxFTP.JPG

What i want to see is the root directory of your /media/hdd not the root of your STB flash memory.

best regards
nunigaia

G

ginjaninja

just checked the folder /media/hdd on my DM800 runing openPLI and this has a folder named movie in which all the recording are stored however the VU+ solo2 running OBH does not here are the images of both

Attachments

• DCC_DM800.JPG
    DCC_DM800.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
  • VU+_DCC.JPG
    VU+_DCC.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 5
N

nunigaia

just checked the folder /media/hdd on my DM800 runing openPLI and this has a folder named movie in which all the recording are stored however the VU+ solo2 running OBH does not here are the images of both

Can you please post one of crash logs ... that are on the root of your HDD.
Thanks in advance

best regards
nunigaia

G

ginjaninja

as requested thanks for your help

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1442016501.txt
    17 KB · Views: 2
  • xbmc_crashlog-20150912_105823.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • xbmc_crashlog-20150915_114014.txt
    670.1 KB · Views: 0
G

ginjaninja

how do i make the folder movie as when i select new folder within DCC it appears to make it but it does not show.

N

nunigaia

as requested thanks for your help

Create the folder <movie> as i said on the first answer i gave you! Use Dcc for it!

create the folder <movie> under /media/hdd on your solo2, as you have on DM800.

best regards
nunigaia

G

ginjaninja

hi I am entering it like this exactly

opening DCC via FTP i nvaigate through media to find the hdd folder, then with the hdd folder i right click in the left pane and choose new folder, a dialogue box pops up and i enter <movie> and click ok, but then nothing appers i have even tried to disconnect and reconnect

<movie> in the /media/hdd folder

G

ginjaninja

hi there thanks again for all your help, in the pop up box i had to enter it like this:

/media.hdd/movie

G

ginjaninja

Just for reference this folder is normally automatically created when i have re-flashed my boxes in the past, is it just on openBH that this does not happen.

Many Thanks
The Ninja

N

nunigaia

hi I am entering it like this exactly

opening DCC via FTP i nvaigate through media to find the hdd folder, then with the hdd folder i right click in the left pane and choose new folder, a dialogue box pops up and i enter <movie> and click ok, but then nothing appers i have even tried to disconnect and reconnect

<movie> in the /media/hdd folder

1) -

DCC_1.png

2) - create <movie> folder ( on example movie_test )

DCC_1.png

3) - Folder created ( on the example: movie_test )

DCC_1.png

best regards
nunigaia

N

nunigaia

hi there thanks again for all your help, in the pop up box i had to enter it like this:

/media.hdd/movie

This is wrong! ... The trace is /media/hdd/movie and not /media.hdd/movie

Pop-Up box ( If you are referring to DCC ... just enter movie )

best regards
nunigaia

G

ginjaninja

Hi
My post I just realised was typed in error.

what I actually entered was /media/hdd/movie

for me if I just entered movie it did not work, however I had rebooted the box before the way that worked as the missus shouted that the first recording that she created had not started.

Cheers mate your a legend.