How to flash Pulse 4K Mini

Levi

Staff member
How to flash Pulse 4k mini
There is more than 1 way to flash your stb. Today I'm going through with you how to flash your stb when is power off.
First please download latest OBH image.
Then open openbh-5.0.007.release-pulse4kmini-1c6486f0_mmc.zip via any zip program on your pc.
You will see pulse4kmini folder and unforce_pulse4kmini.txt
obh.png
Make sure you have in your zip file, pulse4kmini folder and unforce_pulse4kmini.txt
Now you can transfer openbh-5.0.007.release-pulse4kmini-1c6486f0_mmc.zip file to root of your usb stick.
Turn off your stb via power button rear of your stp.
Then enter in to any usb slot on your stb.
Now you are ready to flash your stb.
Power on your stb via rear power button and same time press and hold power button on your remote till you see boot menu .
There will 3 option to select we chose the 3rd option (bootmenu).
Then new window will open then select flash local image.
Then you will see your usb stick select that.
Then you will see openbh-5.0.007.release-pulse4kmini-1c6486f0_mmc.zip click on that.
Then will ask witch linux slot you like to install your new image select witch one you wish to install, then flashin progress will start .
Wait till flashing completed then stb will go back to the boot menu by it self .
There you will see new image you have just installed .
Now select that image your stb will boot in to your new image.

Last edited:

alen5555

Staff member
Here is the video words from Levi how to flash the new firmaware for PULSe 4k / Mini :)
Usb drive is already inserted in the back of the STB with openbh-5.0.007.release-pulse4kmini-1c6486f0_mmc.zip
Stay tuned for the new OBH for those two good boxes :)

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Interesting RC! Actually, one of the very few RC which has the numeric keypad in the lower part, instead of upper one. I don't believe RC designers don't have just a bit of rational approach at how design them.
This is the reason why, with my VU+ boxes, I only use the so called "new design" model (the one in the pic attached).
And yours is interesting also because of coloured keys at the very bottom: it'd be interesting to know if there's a way to have they working with VU+, too!

Attachments

• VU+ Telecomando New Design.jpg
    VU+ Telecomando New Design.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5

Magic

Hello i have problem to flash my pulse 4k mini with my sandisk ultra dual drive type c 128gb. I format with exfat in windows and i put force_pulse4kmini.txt and zip file to root but in recovery menu when i enter flash local image i c'ant found it i need some help cause im stuck on bootmenu but i have no image.maybe I made a mistake in all manipulation...sorry i'm new in enigma2

Attachments

• 20220619_212705.jpg
    20220619_212705.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220619_212716.jpg
    20220619_212716.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 5

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Hello i have problem to flash my pulse 4k mini with my sandisk ultra dual drive type c 128gb. I format with exfat in windows and i put force_pulse4kmini.txt and zip file to root but in recovery menu when i enter flash local image i c'ant found it i need some help cause im stuck on bootmenu but i have no image.maybe I made a mistake in all manipulation...sorry i'm new in enigma2
You need to use a smaller usb stick, 128gb is overkill to say the least.

It should be formatted fat32.

Magic

You need to use a smaller usb stick, 128gb is overkill to say the least.

It should be formatted fat32.
Thank you sir evo I tried to format my usb drive in fat32 is there I just installed openbh successfully.
I just have to discover this world and install the plugins(y)