How to make a backup of data

Lateron

I have a 2TB removable disk on my Vu+ Solo 4k and I want to make a backup of it as it’s showing glishes (recorded TV programs hiccuping at times). I’ve got a caddy used to mount an external disk, but when attached to my windows PC I cannot allocate a drive letter to it, although windows has discovered it and shows that it’s healthy and working OK. Anyone out there who has had a similar problem? If and when I move to a new box, I want to take all of the large amount of videos on the removable disk to the new box. Now I can’t. I’ve searched the web, but have not found a solution yet.

In summary, how do I make a backup of the data on a removable disk from a Vu+ box? (Using Filezilla to copy each and every video is probably not the way to go, for 1.5TB of data!)

ti conviene mettere il disco in un NAS e collegarci tutti i device che vuoi per vederne i films.
cerca su google nas server
Translate:
you should put the disk in a NAS and connect all the devices you want to watch the films.
search nas server on google

Thanks for that. A NAS does not solve the problem. I cannot access the data on the 2TB disk via Windows. I have looked at GParted, EaseUS Data recovery Wizard and Recuva. None let me allocate a drive letter and none will let me copy files from that disk. Via Diskpart I have finally managed (I don't know how!) to allocate a drive letter which Windows now recognises. However, Windows thinks its a DVD and ask me to insert a disk!. I have decided just to use FileZilla to copy everything over to an external disk. It's doing it now and I will let it run overnight.

È probabile che il disco abbia un file system ext3 o ext4 di cui Windows non è a conoscenza. Ci sono soluzioni per far sì che i sistemi windows vedano questo tipo di partizione, puoi trovarla su Google, quindi vedrai i file direttamente da Windows

Translate
It's likely that the disk has an ext3 or ext4 file system that Windows doesn't know about. There are solutions to make Windows systems see this type of partition, you can find it on Google, then you will see the files directly from Windows

Back