Important issue with video files only after last updates

A

Alexwilmac

Probably it started occurring after last online update. Anyway, I always compress TS files by Handbrake but suddenly, with the same settings (h264, to be as more shareable as possible), OBH started acting oddly: it plays the video just for 2 seconds and then you can hear only the audio. But if you jump a few second by remote, after some issues it could be working well.
Thinking that the problem regarded only the last videos compressed, I compressed again them but without success.
After that I found out that:
1) Many video already stored in my NAS, have now the same issue.
2) As a final try, I rebooted with BH 3.0.2 and the same videos now in trouble with OBH 0.6 are perfectly played by BH.
So my suspect it was not an error in the compressing process was confirmed.
There must be something in the image that was not the same way before the updates.

I have a Solo4K.

A

Alexwilmac

Other online update, no solution. I also tried to encode with h265 but nothing changed. This is a serious issue and I hope some coder could examine it.
As I said: it DOES NOT depend on codecs. The same file played by BH3 or also OBH (at least the 0.4 if not the first releases of 0.6) since some updates ago, have troubles.
Sometimes the solution it's quite odd: if you, immediately after start, play it at 2X or 4X for a few moments, than it's possible than normal play would go ahead normally.
Risking to be boring, THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE, that prevents playing many video files you can have in your video archive.

S

simon123

iv gone and lost the device manager all I get is a blank screen all this happened when I did the on line update I cant mount my hd now strange is there a problem with the on line up date ie pugs etc

A

Alexwilmac

Sorry: what has your post to do with the subject of this thread? Your post reports a general issue (in case) whom there is a general section of the forum for.
This way a thread is just messed up.

A

Alexwilmac

The problem is still unsolved. I think it's not a minor issue if many videos have problems in OBH.
After all is a PVR but also a sophisticated MediaCenter.
I'd like to know if coders have experimented the same issue and, above all, taken it into the appropriate consideration.
To exclude it was something wrong in my image I also reflashed and, without any added plugin, immediately tried to play the videos with problems. Same result.
Rebooting in BH 3.0.2 all is perfect.