iptables Kernel Modules missing

Neuling-vu

Hello
I'm new with OBH, just installed newest Version for my uno 4k se Box.
Every thing looks fine and works after some problems with the proxy-settings. On my older Boxes I edited the /etc/opkg/opkg.conf for updates and installing Plugins, here it's the /etc/wgetrc file.
Also the oscam settings are in /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-latest folder to run my KabelBW-card.

The only thing I can't fix is iptables. There are a lot of modules to config rules, but the kernel-modules are not present, so I cannot start iptables.
Here is the list of missing kernel-modules from the install log:

Install Package: iptables-apply

iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-ip-tables
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-ip6-tables
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-ip6table-filter
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-ipt-masquerade
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-iptable-filter
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-iptable-nat
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-nf-conntrack
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-nf-conntrack-ipv4
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-nf-defrag-ipv4
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-nf-nat
iptables: unsatisfied recommendation for kernel-module-x-tables
Breaking circular dependency on iptables for iptables-module-xt-standard.

Behind a FW that blocks port 80 iptables is the only way I know to connect outgoing traffic to a transparent proxy for using plugins

Is there any chance to get them?
Is this a part of the OBH-Image or is it from vu+?

I'm only a simple user, maybe someone can help me.

Grettings

Joerg

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I know... some iptables modules are missing... the kernel configuration come from the vuplus defaults. All oe-alliance based images should have the same issue.

In the past i added something but probably some module is still missing. The boxes arent developed to act as a router so nobody paid so much attention to that.

If you feel confident you can create a pull request on oe-alliance github and in next build of openbh you should find the missing modules

Neuling-vu

Thank‘s for your answer but I don‘t know how to do this.

I tested to build an image in a Ubuntu-VM on my mac but get lot of errors failed fetching.
it is not so easy to handle proxy-settings, little snitch and then a Firewall that blocks most of all.

I tried to fetch the blocked packages via an Laptop. That works most but not all. One example is libxmlccwrap, the src-uri in the bb-file is dead.

there are some more problems to get an first working image so I stoped going on.

sorry about my worst english, it‘s some decades ago i learned it.

greetings
Joerg