More than 1 channel highlighted when recording

Brusher

Hi, this issue started with previous update and today I updated to 013 and issue is still there.
When I record a channel, normally this channel should be highlighted as red in the channel list. But now (since last 2 updates) all channels with same epg ids are highlighted as pictures below.

image_2023-12-03_212458564.png1_0_11_3725_4E85_2A_1A40000_0_0_0_20231203212300.jpg

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
When I record a channel, normally this channel should be highlighted as red in the channel list. But now (since last 2 updates) all channels with same epg ids are highlighted as pictures below.

That would be correct, if they have the same EPG, they have the same service reference, therefore the box see's them all as 1 channel (or 2 in the case of your screen shots as you are recording 2 different channels).

Brusher

For each picture only 1 channel is recorded. Yes they have same reference id for epg sharing. But I believe this was not like this before update 012. My channels list and settings are same for a long time.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
For each picture only 1 channel is recorded. Yes they have same reference id for epg sharing. But I believe this was not like this before update 012. My channels list and settings are same for a long time.
It uses the service reference to set the the recording, if the channels all use the same reference, how can it tell them apart, they are all streams as far as the box is concerned.

Elthin

I can confirm that there's a bug. I have the same problem.
In addition, I encounter the opposite problem on DTT channels : with my dual tuner I can record 2 or more channels at the same time but only one channel is highlighted.
These problems did not exist before the latest updates.
Ev0 I don't understand your answer: the point of highlighting is to know which channels are being recorded ...

Elthin

Don't see any aggression in my post. Far be it from me to criticize the work of the OBH staff. I'm sorry if my words sound a bit crude...

The issue is if you have same service references for all those channels (to share EPG or to just be easier to create the bouquets) it doesn't know that those channels are actually different.
The change in the behavior is needed because of the new stream relay handling which have fake service references and indicator for recording cannot any longer work in the old way.
Al well as some IPTV providers support dynamic urls so the only identificator would be the real service reference without the url.
Besides the correct way to define IPTV channels is to have unique service reference and if you want same EPG to be imported to import it for each channel by mapping the service reference to the correct EPG key.
I cannot know what the problem with DTT channels is since i have not used such. But for DVB and IPTV channels if you use unique references there will be no problems.

Elthin

Thank you for your reply and explanations.
I'll leave it at that and be happy with the new way of working, as it's a bit beyond me.