Multiboot Image Selector

Wendy

Thank you very much for this very good Image.
May I please point out an annoying issue which I hope could possibly be resolved.
On Octagon sf8008 I have an SDcard with several additional multiboot slots.
On OBH-5.0.006, not all additional slots are shown.
Indeed only Slots 1 to 9 are shown.
Moreover, Slots 1 to 3 do not show the correct Image which is truly installed on them.
They show an erroneous and completely different installed Image name belonging to other slots.
In Slot 4, I have OBH 5.0.006 and is shown correctly.
In slots 5 to 9 the correct Image names are also shown.
On other python3 Images such as OpenATV-7.0, all slots (not just 1 to 9) are shown and they show the correct installed Image names.
Thanks.

alen5555

Staff member
Just for your info. I also tested NFR_7.0 (python3). It also works fine as it should.
Can you give more infos?
Did you install the sam number images like user that hawe noticed the problem
Did you do the instalation via sd card?

Wendy

I always install images on slots 3 or 4 which I use solely for testing purposes.
Then I take a full backup and install the backup in an additional slot available on SDcard.
Openbh-5.0.006 and Openvix-6.0.004 are both showing the issue mentioned in post #1 above
whereas Openatv-7.0, Opendroid-7.1 and Opennfr-7.0 have never showed and do not show such an issue.
Hope I've been of help.

Karim

Openblackhole 5.0 Wonderful and beautiful but it lacks a lot because it works chash with all the blogines

Wendy

If you're using your box for the first time, I think it would be better to first use the normal slots
and get acquainted with the box. Yes It is possible to have additional slots on sdcard depending
on size such as 16gb, 32gb and so on.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
If you're using your box for the first time, I think it would be better to first use the normal slots
and get acquainted with the box. Yes It is possible to have additional slots on sdcard depending
twol is 1 of the devs for vix team, hence he's asking what steps are required so he can reproduce the issue and see if we can find a fix.

twol

Vix Developer
VIP
Unfortunately, I was the idiot that had to write code for this box and again when they changed the slot support - and I rarely look at the Octagon forum as the sf8008 is not my favourite receiver for this and many other reasons.
The Q‘s were just to ascertain your setup.

Wendy

Apologies. I didn't know who twol is. I am just a normal user myself but I like this hobby very much.
Please see a pm which I will be sending to you in a few seconds more. Regards.