OBH server down?

B.D.

Tonight I checked if there were updates to be made, the page that connects to the server to search for system plugins and apps to update remained there searching for a good minute while before it used to only just take a few seconds.
Once the search has finished there were 70 updates, I choose "update and restart the system" but when the page goes black before the reboot because it is downloading the updates it stucks there and several minutes later there are no signs of life, the only thing to do at that point is to turn off from behind and restart.
27-05-2022 01-33-25.png
The same thing happens if I want to search for a plugin or a service to download and install, the "green/yellow" button, it gets stuck on the search screen for a couple of minutes and then opens the addons page.
In other words, every time you have to download something from the server (tonight) there are problems and slowdowns.
By the way, WEBIF no longer works for me after the failed attempt to install updates, as a matter of facts I had to fotograph the images to insert here instead o a simple webif capture.

27-05-2022 01-23-45.png

Has anybody alse had the same issue?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stanotte ho controllato se c'erano aggiornamenti da fare, la pagina che si connette al server per cercare i plugin e app di sistema da aggiornare è rimasta lì a cercare per un buon minuto mentre perima bastavano pochi secondi. Una volta terminata la ricerca risultavano 70 aggiornamenti, scelgo "aggiornare e riavviare il sistema" ma quando la pagina va a nero prima del reboot perchè sta scaricando gli aggiornamenti si blocca lì e diversi minuti dopo non ci sono segni di vita, l'unica cosa da fare è spegnere da dietro e riavviare.
27-05-2022 01-33-25.png
La stessa cosa succede se voglio cercare un plugin o un servizio da scaricare e installare, tasto verde/giallo, si ferma sulla schermata di ricerca per un paio di minuti e poi apre la pagina degli addon installabili.
In altre parole tutte le volte che si deve scaricare qualcosa dal serve (stasera) ci sono problemi e rallentamenti.
Tra l'altro, non mi funziona più WEBIF dopo il tentativo fallito di installare gli aggiornamenti, infatti le foto da pubblicare qui le ho dovute fotografare invece di fare un capture.

27-05-2022 01-23-45.png

E' successo a qualcun altro?

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Ti consiglio di attivare il debug log di enigma2 e di dargli un occhiata... Magari salta all'occhio qualche errore... Se non ci capisci niente, prova a postarlo qui...

B.D.

Dopo i problemi avuti ieri sera ho avuto l'impressione che qualcosa fosse andato storto a causa del riavvio improvviso quando tutto sembrava bloccato su pagina nera come descritto su e allora ho provveduto a fare un ripristino di una configurazione antecedente e il sistema sembra tornato perlopiù come prima, Webif funziona di nuovo, e ho rifatto l'aggiornamento come la volta precedente lasciando un bel po' di tempo sulla schermata nera che si è ripresentata e alla fine è stato portato tutto a termine, non si è però risolto quel rallentamento quando cerco di scaricare qualcosa, che sia un aggiornamento o anche solo la lista dei plugin, per il resto tutto sembra essere normale.
Ho verificato che su OBH5.0 il rallentamento non c'è, è presente solo sulla 5.1.
Di log ce ne sono diversi e iniziano da ieri sera, significa che ognuno di essi ha registrato uno o più problemi?
Io naturalmente ci capisco poco, li allego.

27-05-2022 17-41-44.png

Attachments

• debug_logs.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Vedo che hai xmltv import che lavora allegramente... Prova a disabilitarlo e verifica ci sia spazio in flash

B.D.

Cercando in rete ho visto che xmltv import è relazionato all'epg import plugin, ho disabilitato il suo avvio automatico, riavviato ma non è cambiato niente, se vado all'aggiornamento de OBH rimane diversi minuti sulla schermata "Aggiornamento elenco pacchetti, attendere..." dopo di che passa a "download in corso" e se c'è qualcosa installa i pacchetti, nel mio caso non c'è nulla da installare adesso.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a lot of "failed to load: bad magic number in "

probably before upgrading the image you have restored some file from a backup. Now you have some files messed up...

probably you can spend less time by flashing again.. but if you are brave, from a terminal windows (putty/telnet) you can try:

Code:
df -h /
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 3.5G      1.5G      1.8G  46% /
and check if you have enough flash free (in my case i have 46% in use!!
if you are near to 80/90% you should check what is using all your flash

Code:
opkg update
opkg list_installed | grep ^enigma | sed "s/ .*//" | while read a
do
opkg install --force-reinstall --force-depends $a
done

it could take a while but maybe you can restore your stb.

B.D.

probably you can spend less time by flashing again...
That's right, it's what just I did.
I have flashed it in an empty slot and it's now fully functional. Before giving up and delete the buggy one I will try the codes you gave me, at least I should learn something new.
Thanks for your time @Liquid (y)

fabrypit

That's right, it's what just I did.
I have flashed it in an empty slot and it's now fully functional. Before giving up and delete the buggy one I will try the codes you gave me, at least I should learn something new.
Thanks for your time @Liquid (y)
Your problem ...... which was already known to those who are in the trade ........ having polluted the image ....... like many others before you #good luck

B.D.

Your problem ...... which was already known to those who are in the trade ........ having polluted the image ....... like many others before you #good luck
Thanks for the info, but polluted what with? How come that the new image I just flashed in with exactly the same things is now perfectly working? Where's the pollution?