OBH unresponsive after today's update for some minutes

A

Alexwilmac

I performed, as almost every day, the online update and, since then, my OBH 0.6 became very slow under every aspects: zapping, browsing menus, everything. Then, after a couple of minutes, it improved.

E

Ev0

Mine is fine, it's the same speed it always is, even after just booting.

A

Alexwilmac

I wonder if it's possible to add a script to perform a fsck at boot, before the drive is mounted because through terminal it's not clear if it is executed and by menus too.

C

carwash

Been doing a update almost every day with no problems, but know when I try to do update box crashes!

C

CapricornDog

Mine won't boot after todays update it just sits on the black screen with the black hole logo, and the vu+ solo 4k on the display.
looks like I'm going to have to reflash.

M

montatodas

Same problem as CapricornDog here.
After update had to reflash, looks like its a boot problem.

S

sicer2005

You need to flash w version of image from 11122016 and after that you can continue w online update. In new image there is new git and it means to reflash image instead update online. A new git is above BH team.

A

Alexwilmac

Actually, this thread I opened in August has nothing to do with posts posted after the #2 from Ev0 which, in my opinion, was conclusive.
Threads' subjects are important to have effective discussions. We can't attach everything to the first thread we find just to say something, I think.
But this is up to administrators to decide when a thread has got its final answer (if any).

C

carwash

I believe the thread that you opened was about a online update, were in your case it slows down your setup , I and others too did the update but with different consequences and thats why we posted with similar problems
I apologize if you feel that we have hijacked your thread and in future I will open a new Thread regarding a similar issue and leave yours and only yours dormant

Regards

A

Alexwilmac

You can do whatever you like. My advice was not "against" you but in favour of a most effective forum (because my advice was, indeed, generic).
Threads' subject and topics are meant to facilitate us users, not me. I could have easily ignored this thread and I could have removed my subscription because it had actually got to its end.