obh5.2 obh plugin feed is slow

ALIEN1X

I have installed the latest OBH 5.2 on 08.05.23. I cant install any plugins via obh plugin feeds. All i get is a message saying searching for plugins and it goes on for hours.
I also tried upgrading from OBH5.1 TO 5.2 via online software update and all I got was a message downlaoing software package list. That went on for hours.
So had to do a fresh install of OBH5.2 and not cant install any plugins as mentioned above?

If im doing somthing wrong pleaae advise?

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
I have installed the latest OBH 5.2 on 08.05.23. I cant install any plugins via obh plugin feeds. All i get is a message saying searching for plugins and it goes on for hours.
I also tried upgrading from OBH5.1 TO 5.2 via online software update and all I got was a message downlaoing software package list. That went on for hours.
So had to do a fresh install of OBH5.2 and not cant install any plugins as mentioned above?

If im doing somthing wrong pleaae advise?
Which box are you using?
We have different server for feeds and more information can help us in identifying the issue

ALIEN1X

I have VU+Uno4KSE
I had the same issues for both versions of OBH 5.1 and 5.2
I also foggot to mention Samba utility dose not work in 5.2 even after many rebooting events

ALIEN1X

Hello I have retried but cannot download plugins like before. I get message saying downloading plugins list which hangs for hours?
Any update why SAMBA never works which is much easuer and quicker via PC as i have to use File Zila and Putty?

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Hello I have retried but cannot download plugins like before. I get message saying downloading plugins list which hangs for hours?
Any update why SAMBA never works which is much easuer and quicker via PC as i have to use File Zila and Putty?
please could you connect to telnet to the box
and paste the output of the
cat /etc/opkg/all-feed.conf
?

thank you

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

I've just connected by vuuno4kse to do the best test as possible.

I didn't notice any issue with feeds. Are you using a vpn? It might cause some issue with downloads...

Samba is no longer pre-installed, it is on the feeds for those that wish to use it, but you will need to workout how to configure it yourself, we don't provide a setup guide for it as it's constantly changing (due to increasing windows security).

However:
menu - setup - network - utils
menu - setup - network - password (to set a password)
then you can access your box. When he is asking a password, just put root and then your password.

ALIEN1X

Im using vpn never had problems with feeds/plugin downsloads under OBH 5.1.
I also tried openvix latest and had no issues even when connedt to vpn for downloading pluguins or samba . The cams also work too.
I will try the telnet test as you have advsied and will let you know the results. When in telnet what do I type in gthe command line to get output results?

el bandido

It might be a good idea to do a speed test as a check to make sure the Internet is working on the box. The test shown below will drop small file named ".wget-hsts" on the root folder of the box. This file may be deleted after the speed test is performed. You may also use the speed test plugin if the box has it installed. Either way, would be a good idea to check for proper Internet.

Speed Test Telnet Command:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python