Official OpenBh 5.1 image Now Available.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
OpenBh 5.1

1.jpg

OpenBh 5.1 is based on the OE-Alliance 5.1 core.

So what is different in OpenBh 5.1 then?

The main change from OpenBh 5.0 to OpenBh 5.1 is that Python has been upgraded from Python 3.9 to Python 3.10 and 99% of the old redundant Python2 code has now been removed completely.

Whats New:

• OE-A 5.1
  • Python 3.10
  • Extensive changes to meet Python3.10 requirements.
  • Fixed all known issues with FCC on Vu+boxes... (Channel number and usb tuners with no video).
  • If your favourite plugins no longer work, you will need to contact the plugin authors to ask them to update their plugins for Python3.

Apart from the above you should not notice many differences between previous OpenBh 5.0 and OpenBh 5.1 images.

PLEASE NOTE FROM THIS RELEASE WE WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING THE FOLLOWING BOXES, VU+ SOLO, DUO, UNO

2.png
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

Where can I find the OpenBh git ?

The OpenBh git is located here: https://github.com/BlackHole

Thanks to:

• Rytec, doglover and all the teams that host EPG feeds for EPG Importer, for their continued support.
  • All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
  • All of the OpenBh Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on improving the image.
  • All those who have submitted patches/fixes
  • To all who have submitted translation work for OpenBh.
  • Twol for the conversion to Python 3. This has involved manually converting literally hundreds of Python files and associated c++ code.
  • Huevos and Twol for testing, debugging, and responding to feedback and problems.
  • Huevos for his work on blindscan and ABM.
  • Peter de Jonge, abu baniaz & Huevos for their work with Andyblac to improve ABM.
  • Matrix10 for OpenBh skins.

DISCLAIMER

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY EMULATOR, K E Y S, SOFTCAMS OR OTHER SYSTEM FOR VIEWING PAY - TV WITH OR WITHOUT A PAID SUBSCRIPTION.

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY SYSTEM TO DOWNLOAD PLUGINS OR EMULATORS FROM EXTERNAL SERVERS OR SOFTWARE THAT MAY BE USED FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES SUCH AS CARD SHARING.

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

You can find the images in the downloads section here:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
The USB has always been in the name for years, even in BH, always, and nobody had noticed. It means the file must be unzipped into a USB device in order to flash.

S4rgas

How do I update to 5.1? Currently, I'm on 5.0.013 and when I search for updates I can't find any. (Image update > Nothing to update)... Do I need to flash again?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Again: when a new image is announced, no online update is possible, simply because a new image is not an update but it's an upgrade of version.
You must flash from scratch and, in case, you can restore the personal backup configuration, although a fresh installation is more advisable.

goral

Again: when a new image is announced, no online update is possible, simply because a new image is not an update but it's an upgrade of version.
You must flash from scratch and, in case, you can restore the personal backup configuration, although a fresh installation is more advisable.
I used the download image function in the backup menu. And so I installed version 5.1 with same setting (without picon, skin)

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Exactly what I suggested. But there is no update whatsoever from a version to the next because is not an update. And that's why the user believed he couldn't find any online update.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Don't use generic skins with OBH: use only the ones from "Skins for OpenBlackHole" panel, under green panel (GREEN/YELLOW/Addons...)

The other skins may heavily interfere with OBH.

Whay is 3.x version? What image are you talking about?

Steve K

Just updated to 5.1.. perfect.
Had an issue with 5.0.013 with Xtreme Editor 3.1.3, app disappeared and failed to reinstall. Updated to 5.1 and all back to normal.. well done guys.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Maybe our very good guys have nothing to do this time with everything related to a plugin, also very uncommon like this...

B.D.

With the new update 5.1.0.08 the long press of the on/off button on the remote no longer shows the shutdown menu but turns directly off when the button is released.
Octagon SF8008

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
With the new update 5.1.0.08 the long press of the on/off button on the remote no longer shows the shutdown menu but turns directly off when the button is released.
Octagon SF8008
Long press of power button still brings up the shutdown menu in 008 for me with all boxes including the sf8008

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Octagon SF8008
Maybe you customised the "Long power" key pressing. I confirm what Ev0 wrote: no change in the function.

B.D.

I have no idea what happened. It was working, I made the update and now it doesn't work anymore. I didn't make any changes also because I don't have time to play around lately.
I don't remember if there is a setting that concernes the turn off menu somewhere.