OpenBH 4.2 Vu+ Uno4K SE

A

Alexwilmac

is this a raw image and what ıs the difference between OpenBH 4.2 and Black Hole 3.0.8 Vu+ Uno4K SE
What do you mean by "raw image"?
Image, in the Enigma2 receivers' world, means Operative System. BH and OBH are simply two different OSs. It's like having Linux Ubuntu or Linux Fedora.
BH is based on the same core of the vuplus original code: so it's quite bounded to it.
OBH is based on anther core OE-A, and it's much more independent by the vuplus one.

P

penclen

I installed this image from scratch. Previously was running Solo2 now upgraded to Uno4kSE, my issues now:
PIP in picture does not work properly, tested all modes and combinations, only one channel on screen, worked flawlessly on Solo2
HDMI CEC does not wake up my Panasonic TV to correct HDMI input, instead start in DTV (DVB-T), same issue have had Solo2
Set top box is running at ~70 centigrades (too high compared to ~40C in Solo2) this is certainly not good for the long run
4K movies played in Kodi crash the Enigma2

T

Thomas67

Just as info after you flash new image allways do an online update to get all the latest bug fixes and new stuff.
Then check if you still have the described issues :)

And just to answer your next question ;) Why is not image the latest all the time
Well thats because updates and new stuff is added in a steady stream so therfore
Is not allways the download image up to date.

P

penclen

As a long term OpenBH user (on Solo2) it is absolutely automatic I do right after flashing the image the online update.
All those issues found after such initial upgrade. All issues listed are present even my Upgrade Menu says, no updates available now. Sigh

T

Thomas67

I also have a Uno4Kse and have no heating issues or other problems
I have a Samsung TV so the HDMI-Cec i cant answer for but what kind of HDD
I also hade QuadPIP problem in the begining but foud out it was me who setup
my turners wrong, QuadPIP works for me best when i use my SatCR LNB and
leave my regular LNB out of the QuadPIP :)

Heat issu are usally because of constant use off HDD
Like having Picons, epg.dat and other stuff that makes the STB
constant using HDD.

I recommend all to switch to external HDD or use SSD HDD
and of cause by a cheap USB Memory Stick and mount as USB
to use for epg and picons.

P

penclen

I also have a Uno4Kse and have no heating issues or other problems
Disclaimer - I ran latest updates today
So what is your temperature reading? I don't have anything but recordings on hdd, anything else like you mentioned is in flash incl. picon and epg.dat
Even the box is in long term standby it shows right after start more than 60 centigrades!! I think the issue could be passive cooling.

Regarding QuadPIP I really do not know how to setup those FCB SCRs (D - H) tuners. I have standard Dual LNB with Diseq A/B so tuners A and B are setup and FCB automatic allows me to record/stream many many channels as I tried. Any advice how to setup so PIP is working?

T

Thomas67

First to the heating issue my temp is about 35 degrees celsius and might go up to 40-50 when recording or watching recording.
So you might have a faulty temp sensor? Some issue with other devices to close. Have you ant\y way to do a manual messure with an external temp gauge?

Screenshoot here: and yes its not in the OBH image by default only me who stole this nice gadget from BH image and put it into my personal OBH Image.

hddtemp.jpg

When it comes to your Tuners you cant take advatage of the FCB functin if you have regular LNBs you need the new type that have SatCr function
So regular LNB want work link belowe is to a Triax LNB and might give you better understanding of what SatCr/Unicable is all about

https://www.triax.com/products/sate...-lnb-1-scr-output-1-universal-output-ral-7035

P

penclen

ad) temperature, it may be an issue of internal sensors or software, I measured with my contactless thermometer the box and it was barely 40C
if you could share that sysinfo plugin that would be great

ad) PIP function, I doubt only Unicable LNB supports PIP, on my 2cables setup it should work! When I hold blue button I don't see Quad PIP in options list as it is on videos with VTI.
When I enable last Option in the blue menu I can see picture only from one channel in "PIP", something is wrong with OBH..
Please confirm you use classic PIP and QuadPIP with no issues, on my OBH4.2 with Uno4KSE it does not at all and I am frustratrated

T

Thomas67

I cant share the sysinfo panel since its part of the BH Image and i have done my personal modification to have it in my personal OBH 4.2 image so i would break some copyrights for that.
But nice to read that you just have an faulty sensor or software and not an faulty Uno4Kse

QuadPiP is not installed by default in OBH so you have to do that your self.
If you open addons download manager and choose OBH Plugin feed not OBH/BH Plugins
you find plugin QuadPIP in the systemplugin or extension menu never seems to remember which one it is ;)
After installation you will be able to use QuadPiP and if you have 4 independed connections you also can use regular LNBs

P

penclen

Thank you for the QuadPIP hint, it works like a charm :) . However classic PIP does not work even after today's update. Does it work for you?

Also I noticed YouTubeTV does not work anymore, in fact I noticed it working after the clean install only, but not after updates anymore ever.
However PIP function hurts much more. QuadPIP is nice but kind of cumbersome to setup.

PS:f you did any mod to sysinfo I truly doubt you would have breached any copyright if it is open source :)

T

Thomas67

For me regular PIP works fine and i can resize and move the PIP window but to be honest i have not update to the last update yet so can come back to that later.
Same with YouTube TV working but lest see whats happen after update :)

Yes its open source but its also a matter of respect to coders and Team Blackhole. If they dont add the BHSysInfo to OBH then i cant upload any version of it.

P

penclen

not updated to the last update? what version do you run then?

PS: I truly appreciate you respond to my comments, looks like nobody else really cares about those glitches in OBH4.2 for Uno4KSE

T

Thomas67

They all have been busy with fixing the S2X Multistream and since we are having an good conversation :) there is no need for others to but in until i give you some wrong info ;)

I have now accully run the latest update and for me all is still working with PIP and QuadPIP.
I cant find Youtube TV but there is an Youtube plugin so i download and install that and all is also working fine
so now i am not sure why you have this issues.

But as allways when we do updates, new image flashes a file can be corrupted and we get stranded with no clue why just my Vu+ want work as good as all others.
So my only suggestion for you is that you just need to reflash and after reflash install all the plugins needed then run a full image backup and save on your Computer.

Then do online update i allways keeps an latest full image backup in case anything goes wrong when doing updates.
and i also let a lot of people do updates first and see if they report any problems before i jump on the newest update.
But with that in mind, updates are important so we should all use them but sometimes when all is working just fine there is no hurry.