OpenBh 5.0

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
OpenBh 5.0

OpenBh 5.0.jpg

OpenBh 5.0 is based on the OE-Alliance 5.0 core.

So what is different in OpenBh 5.0 then?

OpenBh 4.4 build 023 was the final build in the 4.4 series.

The main change from OpenBh 4.4 to OpenBh 5.0 is that Python has been upgraded from Python 2 to Python 3. Python 3 is already 10 years old and Python 2 was deprecated in 2015 and is therefore no longer maintained. This means all the third party packages we use are also no longer maintained. Which means there will be no future updates for security vulnerabilities. Because of this we have no option but to upgrade to Python 3.

Unlike previous images, the main differences are in both the OpenBh image which has been recoded for Python 3 and the core of the image or the OE (Open Embedded) which has also undergone huge changes, updates and fixes to ONLY support Python 3.

Whats New:
  • OE-A 5.0
  • Python 3.9
  • Extensive changes to meet Python3 requirements.
  • Some plugins may no longer work, so you will need to contact the plugin authors to ask them to update their plugins for Python3.

Apart from the above you should not notice many differences between previous OpenBh 4.4 and OpenBh 5.0 images.

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

Where can I find the OpenBh git ?

The OpenBh git is located here: https://github.com/BlackHole

Thanks to:

• Rytec, doglover and all the teams that host EPG feeds for EPG Importer, for their continued support.
  • All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
  • All of the OpenBh Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on improving the image.
  • All those who have submitted patches/fixes
  • To all who have submitted translation work for OpenBh.
  • Twol for the conversion to Python 3. This has involved manually converting literally hundreds of Python files and associated c++ code.
  • Huevos and Twol for testing, debugging, and responding to feedback and problems.
  • Huevos for his work on blindscan and ABM.
  • Peter de Jonge, abu baniaz & Huevos for their work with Andyblac to improve ABM.
  • Matrix10 for OpenBh skins.
DISCLAIMER

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY EMULATOR, K E Y S, SOFTCAMS OR OTHER SYSTEM FOR VIEWING PAY - TV WITH OR WITHOUT A PAID SUBSCRIPTION.

THE OPENBH IMAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY SYSTEM TO DOWNLOAD PLUGINS OR EMULATORS FROM EXTERNAL SERVERS OR SOFTWARE THAT MAY BE USED FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES SUCH AS CARD SHARING.

*** You need to set a Password to use FTP, TELNET & SSH ***

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
OpenBh 5.0.001 was the release image.

OpenBh 5.0.002 update included adding softcams to the feeds (please remember we do not allow discussion of softcams on our boards) along with various minor fixes and little tweaks in the background.

OpenBh 5.0.003 update added Terrestrial Scan to the image, for those users that need to use dvb-t / t2 services, this will scan and tune your local terrestrial network and produce a channel list in the correct order. We also put the Addons server back for Python3 plugins that are not on the feeds. There were also a few more minor updates and tweaks in the background.

OpenBh 5.0.004 add image downloads in the Full Backup area, you can download various images from here and install them from here. Various minor background tweaks and fixes.

OpenBh 5.0.005 fix slow channel zapping, infobar and channel selection screen issues, various minor background tweaks.

OpenBh 5.0.006 add Octagon SF8008 support, fix crash with mediaplayer, various background tweaks and fixes.

OpenBh 5.0.007 integrate HDMI-CEC into the image, instead of being a separate plugin, add options to remove words from EPG titles (New:, Live: etc etc), update our distro logo, various background tweaks and fixes.

OpenBh 5.0.008 add Abcom PULSe 4K and PULSe 4K Mini support, add Zgemma H11S support and Edision OS Nino+, Nino Pro, Mini 4K and Mio+ 4K support, minor background tweaks and fixes.

OpenBh 5.0.009 fix iptv issues on various boxes, fix HDR-SDR auto switching for Pulse 4K and Pulse 4K Mini. (Update has been pulled due to OpenWebIF issues).

OpenBh 5.0.010 add FCC (Fast Channel Change) to Vu+ boxes with FBC tuners.

OpenBh 5.0.011 add Autocam and Sysinfo Gauges from BlackHole, switch default skin to Mx_Slim_Line_NP and fix signal level on MTSIF tuner (BCM3466).

OpenBh 5.0.012 Fix a bug in OpenMultiboot, fix turbose drivers, add media-tree, fix an issue with BCM3148 tuner when scanning, add option to mount micro SD card on H11S.

OpenBh 5.0.013 Fix backup crash that was introduced with 5.0.012.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
added Terrestrial Scan to the image, for those users that need to use dvb-t / t2 services, this will scan and tune your local terrestrial network and produce a channel list in the correct order. We also put the Addons server back for Python3 plugins that are not on the feeds. There were also a few more minor updates and tweaks in the background.

JAKITAKI

OpenBh 5.0.003_Vu Uno4Kse

addons servers not working

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2021-12-02_19-29-47.zip
    13 KB · Views: 7
  • Enigma2_crash_2021-12-02_20-21-51.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 10

JAKITAKI

@JAKITAKI is having issue's with addons server, however both addons server and feeds are ok for me.

It doesn't work for me
The plugins in Plugin Browser are and work
My point is, you can't download and install new plugins from Feed
I have uploaded today's update (03/12/21 01:01)
can't download anything
still the same problem

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Enigma2_debug_2021-12-03_13-07-55.zip
    9 KB · Views: 4

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't work for me
can't download anything
still the same problem
Sadly the debug log does not help (probably because this time there was no crash).

However we have discovered that we have a DNS propagation issue. It sometimes takes a while for all ISP's to pickup DNS changes, but hopefully it will be sorted in a couple of days.

Until then it seems it will work for some users, but not for others, but it's beyond our control.

As a workaround you could try using google dns settings on your box, 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4

Logan

coder
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't work for me
can't download anything
still the same problem

Yes i confirm. This is a DNS propagation issue. You have only to wait one or two days and it will be ok

Logan

coder
Staff member
Administrator
telnet to your box and digit: ping bhaddons.openbh.net
Let me know the output

JAKITAKI

I used @Ev0's suggestionand in the second DNS I entered 8.8.8.8and surprisingly got the ability to download from Feed :)(y)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 18

JAKITAKI

some error pops up in Component in a clean image, I only have the channel list and picons preloaded

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2021-12-04_13-09-26.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 5

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
some error pops up in Component in a clean image, I only have the channel list and picons preloaded
Need a debug log, the crashlog tells us what crashed but not what caused it to crash