OpenBh 5.2.007 - motor issue

cronos

Hi,

I flashed my vu+duo 4k with OBH 5.2.007 4 days ago. I wanted to try something new.
Normally I use OpenVIX, but I had some issues, so it was a good time to try a new image.

All good - no issues so far, apart from my black motor which doesn't work while changing satellites.
The configuration on my tuner attached to the post.

Any ideas? BTW the same configuration worked fine on OpenVIX

One more thing - GotoX from Positioner Setup moves the dish just fine

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.35.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.35.26.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.35.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 14.35.54.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 20

Mick12334

Staff member
Is your motor a 36v motor, using 4 electirc type wires?
I use a 36v Jaeger 1224 supermount, on a 1.2m dish, and OpenBh, so I have to set up my positions, using the tuner menu, that match to my diseqc positioner.
Can you please post more details, regarding your satellite setup.
Your second screen shot shows Longitude, and Latitude, which is used with a normal motor, controlled via your coax satellite cable.

cronos

Sure, I have Superior dark motor - looks like 18v (just checked :)) + 1.1m dish and OpenBh now.

On OpenVIX I just set those details as on the screenshots - set 0 then adjust for 1st satellite nearest my location and changing channel (which depends on satellite 13E,19E etc.) would actually move the dish automatically.
After flashing to OpenBh - the motor doesn't move any more. Only from Positioner setup - GoToX.

The Longitude and Latitude is for USALS configuration AFAIU - so it should be auto - works on OpenVIX

I installed morpheus883-motor plugin - I did not scan the satellites myself. Again the same plugin on OpenVIX and OpenBh

Mick12334

Staff member
That's just a basic USAL's motor, by the look of it. You don't need to use the Advanced tuner option, just Simple, Positioner, and enter you Latitude, and Longitude, remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East.

You might also want to use dreamboxedit, to store your channels, and bouquets, on your PC, then you can upload them everytime you need to, in seconds. You can also use dreamboxedit to add bouquets, and edit your list.

If you want to use the Advanced option, you can still enter your Latitude, and Longitude, or direct your dish, to each satellite, then store the poasition, on a different number, for each satellite.

cronos

Thanks @Mick12334 - all good and working.

The dreamboxedit I understand is a Windows application. Windows is not my OS but yeah what choice do we have - wine - too much to do - will fire up dualboot and see.

cronos

Main MacOS, but I have a desktop under my desk - Linux.

..., remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East.
There is an option to change East to West - do I still need to use negative value then?
Let say I am 10 West, so I should be setting it up -10 West?

I am asking because even though I get the big satellites like 0.8W, 13E,19E, 23.5E I have a problem with others like 16E and rest.
I dont have a meter but I would assume that with 1.1m dish I should not have such issues - must be wrong setup then.

Mick12334

Staff member
No, you don't need to add the - or + symbols, it just means that if your Longitude is -2.654, then you enter 2.654 West, if it's positive then you enter 2.654 East.
You can check your correct readings at sites like dishpointer, or by using various apps, or devices.

el bandido

The Demon Editor alo runs on MacOS, but I have never tried it. IMO, you should try the Demon Editor and see how it works on MacOS.