OpenBH 5.2 LCD4Linux not working.

xRobertas

If you don't have a signature, write in which box doesn't work for you? Downloaded from the openbh feed, it works correctly for me. No problem.

goral

After several hours of struggle, I finally got it up and running.
It's hard for me to say exactly what led to success, as I had at least dozens of attempts.
After installing from the openbh feed lcd4linux did not work.
I tried to catch the configuration file from the previous version (5.1) also did not catch.
After dozens of attempts, I'm guessing that the problem might have been the LCD size setting in the "Global" section of the item: "Box-Skin-LCD". But I'm not 100% sure if that was it.

My receiver is a VU+ Uno 4k SE

I add signature.

xRobertas

After a long time, I decided to try Lcd4Linux 5.3+gitr3475 from the feed to see if anything has changed. I already had problems with this add-on in OBH 5.2. Problems were mentioned in the past. I saw them too. Unable to restore settings from backup. The settings were not saved, the add-on gradually slowed down the system.
3 days ago, after the online update to OBH 5.3.004, I decided to try installing the add-on and suddenly everything works correctly. Instant restore from backup via OpenWebif. My box is Vu+ Solo 4K and I run on OBH 5.3.004. After installation, the box runs stably, I did not notice any slowdown of the system. Maybe it's just a current feature of my box, or there have been some modifications. Maybe it was solved by updating the image online. Anyway, it still works for me, as I knew it from the past.
Before that, the problem of slowing down started to manifest itself after a few hours after installation.
If it helps someone who had problems before, I will be happy.

Last edited:

paperino61

After a long time, I decided to try Lcd4Linux 5.3+gitr3475 from the feed to see if anything has changed. I already had problems with this add-on in OBH 5.2. Problems were mentioned in the past. I saw them too. Unable to restore settings from backup. The settings were not saved, the add-on gradually slowed down the system.
3 days ago, after the online update to OBH 5.3.004, I decided to try installing the add-on and suddenly everything works correctly. Instant restore from backup via OpenWebif. My box is Vu+ Solo 4K and I run on OBH 5.3.004. After installation, the box runs stably, I did not notice any slowdown of the system. Maybe it's just a current feature of my box, or there have been some modifications. Maybe it was solved by updating the image online. Anyway, it still works for me, as I knew it from the past.
Before that, the problem of slowing down started to manifest itself after a few hours after installation.
Hi xRobertas, I thank You for Your very helpful explanation.
I was forced to use 4.4 because lcd4linux didn't work since version 5.2. The only thing my wife cares about the box is seeing the weather on the LCD :) , and now it works fine.
Do You know something about a version of EMC that works on 5.3.004? Wht worked in OBH 4 and OBH 5.2 doesn't work here.
VU+SOLO 4k
Thanks again
g.

xRobertas

Hi xRobertas, I thank You for Your very helpful explanation.
I was forced to use 4.4 because lcd4linux didn't work since version 5.2. The only thing my wife cares about the box is seeing the weather on the LCD :) , and now it works fine.
Do You know something about a version of EMC that works on 5.3.004? Wht worked in OBH 4 and OBH 5.2 doesn't work here.
VU+SOLO 4k
Thanks again
g.
I use EMC from the OBH feed for 5.3.004. At the moment I see EMC 4.0.+git1729 there. I don't remember what version was there when I switched to OBH 5.2, but I also installed it from the feed and everything worked for me, as it does now. But I only use it to play movies from the HDD. If it has other functions that I don't know about and don't use, and they don't work for you, I have no idea. What I use it for, everything WORKS for me.
"EMC git20210126" lights up in the top sheet.

paperino61

I use EMC from the OBH feed for 5.3.004. At the moment I see EMC 4.0.+git1729 there. I don't remember what version was there when I switched to OBH 5.2, but I also installed it from the feed and everything worked for me, as it does now. But I only use it to play movies from the HDD. If it has other functions that I don't know about and don't use, and they don't work for you, I have no idea. What I use it for, everything WORKS for me.
"EMC git20210126" lights up in the top sheet.
Hi xRobertas, tks for answer
Where can I find EMC 4.0.+git1729 ? I'm not able to find it in Addons\Additional Components\Generic Addiotona Components ...

tks for help

xRobertas

Hi xRobertas, tks for answer
Where can I find EMC 4.0.+git1729 ? I'm not able to find it in Addons\Additional Components\Generic Addiotona Components ...

tks for help
I don't know if I'll write it correctly from memory.... Press the Green Button/Yellow Button/Addons and Feeds Manager/OpenBH Feeds/Extensions ...... find it there and install it.

SuperGlud

Hi
Where did you find the Lcd4Linux5.3 ?
I cannot find it via <green><yellow> "Addons and Feeds Manager" -> "OpenBh Feeds"

Best regards

xRobertas

Hi
Where did you find the Lcd4Linux5.3 ?
I cannot find it via <green><yellow> "Addons and Feeds Manager" -> "OpenBh Feeds"

Best regards
I see it in the feed. It is among the extensions. Go to extensions and scroll down to find it. If you don't see it there, I probably can't help you anymore.

xRobertas

When I found it before installation, there were three versions of the files on offer. I installed the one that will be placed first. There were versions "lcd4linux (5.3+gitxxxxx)", I installed this one, under it were the files lcd4linux-src, and the one you see on the screenshot lcd4linux-po. After installation, I don't see the first two anymore, but only lcd4linux-po. I don't know what the difference is between them. But it is possible that if you already have the plugin installed, the feed will not offer it for download. Check OpenWebif if you don't have it already installed by chance. I think it will offer you to install it only if you don't already have it in the system. I really don't know how to help you anymore.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 18

paperino61

I don't know if I'll write it correctly from memory.... Press the Green Button/Yellow Button/Addons and Feeds Manager/OpenBH Feeds/Extensions ...... find it there and install it.
Hi xRobertas, same repository where I'm looking for, but doesn't exist any EMC.....
I can't understand why I don't see it
Could You share the package? If You start installation, for momenti tje .IPK file is presente in ./tmp
tks in advance

B.D.

and the one you see on the screenshot lcd4linux-po. After installation, I don't see the first two anymore, but only lcd4linux-po. I don't know what the difference is between them.
The one with -po is the same plugin in polish language.
Hi xRobertas, same repository where I'm looking for, but doesn't exist any EMC.....
I can't understand why I don't see it
Could You share the package? If You start installation, for momenti tje .IPK file is presente in ./tmp
tks in advance
It could be you don't see those plugins because already installed.
To verify that go in menu/plugins and hit the red button for uninstall list and see if they are there, eventually uninstall and repet the install.

1_0_19_BBE_3A2_110_EEEE0262_0_0_0_20230809142232.jpg

paperino61

The one with -po is the same plugin in polish language.

It could be you don't see those plugins because already installed.
To verify that go in menu/plugins and hit the red button for uninstall list and see if they are there, eventually uninstall and repet the install.

View attachment 4294
tks for answer..... Rather ir was not possible ro uninstall plugin.... I solved with a fresh instllation of OBH 5.3.0004; in that way I had been able to see the plugin EMC in list
tks to all for help

SuperGlud

When I found it before installation, there were three versions of the files on offer. I installed the one that will be placed first. There were versions "lcd4linux (5.3+gitxxxxx)", I installed this one, under it were the files lcd4linux-src, and the one you see on the screenshot lcd4linux-po. After installation, I don't see the first two anymore, but only lcd4linux-po. I don't know what the difference is between them. But it is possible that if you already have the plugin installed, the feed will not offer it for download. Check OpenWebif if you don't have it already installed by chance. I think it will offer you to install it only if you don't already have it in the system. I really don't know how to help you anymore.
Yes, i had to uninstall via Menu -> Plugins <red>
Then it is visible again via <green><yellow> "Addons and Feeds Manager" -> "OpenBh Feeds"

Thx