OpenBh 5.3.009 Recording and Playback settings.

SuperGlud

Skin MX SlimLine
VuDuo4Kse

"Recording and Playback settings"

"Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" keeps going back to "Return to previous service".
I set it to "Return to movie list". But after a short while the setting is again "Return to previous service" ?

Best regards

Attachments

• RecordingAndPlayback_settings.jpg
    RecordingAndPlayback_settings.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 37

SuperGlud

How to reproduce the issue.
1. Set "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" to "Return to movie list".
2. Play one of your recorded "movies" and stop it again.
3. "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" is now wrongly changed to "Return to previous service".

Best regards

B.D.

I just made a fresh installation of the OpenBH 5.3.010 downloaded from this site in an empty slot and restored my personal config settings and then I gave a try to what you are experiencing wishing to give you a hand on finding out what the problem is but I didn't come across the bug you are reporting, my settings didn't change when I ended whatching a recorded file and it took me to the movie list as it was set.
Trying to start all over might help?

SuperGlud

I just made a fresh installation of the OpenBH 5.3.010 downloaded from this site in an empty slot and restored my personal config settings and then I gave a try to what you are experiencing wishing to give you a hand on finding out what the problem is but I didn't come across the bug you are reporting, my settings didn't change when I ended whatching a recorded file and it took me to the movie list as it was set.
Trying to start all over might help?
The issue is not on the Octagon SF8008
and you needed to pres "stop" before the end, and it return correctly but the Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" is now wrongly changed to "Return to previous service".
So when you watch until the end, then it returns to previous service.
Thx anyway.
Best regards

SuperGlud

I also can not reproduce this issue, sorry
Ok, thx, i will check if it is only when using danish language.

FYI:
My friend who also have a VuDuo4Kse and using skin "MX SlimLine" is having the same issue.

Best regards

B.D.

It must be an issue of your decoder as you said or the image in that STB.
I tried again and if I stop a video it goes back to the list as it should and doesn't change the settings also if I start that video again it asks if I want to resume to where I letf or start over again.

1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20231101220803.jpg

Do you have Enhanced Movie Center (EMC) plugin installed? If so did you check your settings there?

01-11-2023 22-23-20.jpg

B.D.

Then I would try to install it if it's available for your device, maybe playing around with those settings you end up fixing the problem, otherwise just the coders will be able to help you or you have to reflash a clean image I'm afraid.

SuperGlud

Skin MX SlimLine
VuDuo4Kse
OpenBH 5.3.013

"Recording and Playback settings" "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" change is not sticky.

When changing the "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" it looks like all is ok, but something is not ok, as you are not asked to save the changes when going out of "Recording and Playback settings".
And after a short while the setting is again changed back to the previous setting, and it is impossible to change the setting as it keeps going back.

Best regards

Attachments​

• RecordingAndPlayback_settings.jpg
    RecordingAndPlayback_settings.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 22

Huevos

Vix Developer
VIP
It is just doing what the config is telling it.

Use individual settings for each directory: When set, each directory will show the previous state used. When off, the default values will be used.

Maybe you should just turn this off if you don't want to use individual settings for each directory.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Ev0

SuperGlud

Thx
"Use individual settings for each directory" is this a new feature. I never changed this from the default value.
Where do i set the settings for the directory ?

I did a workaround
1. "Use individual settings for each directory" = no.
2. Set "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" to "Return to movie list".
3. "Use individual settings for each directory" = yes.

Now the "Recording and Playback settings" "Behaviour when a movie reaches the end" change is sticky.

Could you please explain what the "Use individual settings for each directory" = yes. is good for ?
I do not understand "When set each directory will show the previous state used". What is this good for ?

Best regards