OpenVPN Kernel module on OBH 4.2

D

don_hidalgo26

Dear all,
In OBH 4.2 I don't find the menu to activate/deactivate kernel modules.
In particular, I need to activate the module tun.ko (=openvpn kernel module).
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Roberto

D

don_hidalgo26

Dear all,
After some other try, the module tun.ko seems to be enalbled by default in OBH 4.2 even if I don't find the relative menu for kernel modules managment to have a final confirmation (my previous post).
I say this because opening OPENVPN menu (pressing two times blue button- OpenVPN) openvpn it self can be enabled with autostart but, if I wait few minutes and I go to the same menu, I find it everytime disabled. Moreover, no log is present.
Do you have any suggestion of how to fix the problem?

Remark: I purchased cyberghost VPN and I've used the following procedure to generate all the configuration files.

https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/h...eceiver-How-to-configure-OpenVPN-for-VU-Solo2

After the generation of the files, I've loaded via FTP all the files to etc/openvpn and rebooted the box.

T

Thomas67

You must mix up Blackhole with OpenBlackhole. OBH have no kernelmodule settings like Blackhole have. But you find OpenVPN if you press Blue Button then Blue Button again, scroll down to OpenVPN and activate

T

Thomas67

Also when adding with ftp you might have to change mod on some files from 644 to 755 to make them executeble

D

don_hidalgo26

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for reply.
Here below you can find my remarks:

1)The files where created using the cyberghost procedure (link above) but with windows flagging the option "read" and "write" permissions. I'll try to change permissions with filezilla as per your suggestion.

2)As stated above, no log file is present in the folder etc/openvpn

3)As stated above, I activated Opnevpn pressing two times blue button- OpenVPN but, if I wait few minutes and I go to the same menu, I find it everytime disabled

T

Thomas67

I read the guide lines for your VPN and did you edit your files pas.key and CyberGhost.conf before ftp upload?
You can easy check and edit them with Notepad ++ on your Windows Computer instead of the way they are describ in guideline.

I also think that in your case you should not have any (auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/pas.key) remove the auth-user-pass from the line and only have /etc/openvpn/pas.key since that is the correct path

D

don_hidalgo26

Hi Thomas,
Following your instructions above:

1)I have changed all the configuration files permissions from 644 to 755

2)Deleted the "auth-user-pass" from Cyberghost.conf and replaced the file. After the replacement, the openvpn service doesn't start anymore. Then, if I replace the old Cyberghost.conf file, the openvpn service start but for few seconds.

I think a good idea isto attach you the configuration files (except pas.key) in order you can have a check.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Roberto

Attachments

• Conf.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 41
T

Thomas67

I hade a look ate the files and they looks OK but just to clear out you are using login that you made when creating those files and NOT your username and password for login to your Web Account?

I tested the config file and made a dummy pas.key file to see what happen and OpenVPN starts but shut down in a few seconds wich would be as expected since i use wrong username and password.
I understand that you can remove the pas.key file and enter username and password manual direct in OpenVPN Panel. the pas.key is for automatic login.

So dubbel check that you have the right username and password in pas.key dont remover the auth-user-pass Its needed for the script.

Second option is to remove pas.key and enter information manual in OpenVPN Panel.

D

don_hidalgo26

Dear Thomas,
First of all I confim I've used the credentials generated in the configuration files.
In every case, to eliminate this option, I decided to delete the old configuration files and I have created a new one into my cyberghost account.
Then I replaced via FTP the new files (checking also the permissions were 755) but the same problem: the service start for few seconds and after it stops.
Do you have any other suggestion?
Regards
Roberto

T

Thomas67

Service is stopping when login is not a succes. This has to be problem from the VPN Provider have you hade any luck contacting them about the issue?
It looks like you get blocked from the VPN server if they have a good customer service they will help you with the setup.
Its possible for them to even use "Remote Desktop" to help you get the settings right. And its very important that you have chose country where you live in the settings

I am out of any ide for you Robert sorry that we did not find any solution to your problem

D

don_hidalgo26

Dear Thomas,
Mny thanks for your support. I've collected many informations and so I'll study on the subject in order to have a successful connection.
I'll keep you updated.
Regards
Roberto

D

don_hidalgo26

Dear Thomas,
I was faster than expected :)
I attach you the log file from which seems I had a successful connection!
The problem was the provider so I changed from Cyberghost to NordVPN.
Many thanks for your support!
See you in the forum!
Roberto

Attachments

• LOG_Vu+Uno.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 25
T

Thomas67

Nice Roberto allways good when thing turns out great :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

D

don_hidalgo26

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year also to you!

Regards
Roberto