problem updating opkg upgrade

M

miuipower

hello good morning I have a problem updating everything updates but it gives me this error as I could solve it. excuse me my english thank you

root@vuuno:~# opkg upgrade
Configuring alsa-state.
No state is present for card VuPlus
Found hardware: "" "" "" "" ""
Hardware is initialized using a generic method
No state is present for card VuPlus
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "alsa-state" postinst script returned status 99.
* opkg_configure: alsa-state.postinst returned 99.

A

Alexwilmac

???? If you mean that you tried to update online your image, the command is
opkg update && opkg upgrade

If you don't update, there is nothing to upgrade, probably.

After this command give
reboot

(or you can also give a single command

opkg update && opkg upgrade && reboot

I prefer to reboot when I finish reading how went the update.

F

fta

I agree with miuipower. I created a thread in the OpenBH Updates forum for the same issue.

I get the same error and it seems to hold back software updates when using the Setup / Software update menu entry as described in my post. It may be an issue of the openbh-4.3.001.release-vuuno4kse_usb_release_71a6a85.zip image.

That is the image I used. @miuipower : Did you too?

@Alexwilmac : Nice meeting you again:)

A

Alexwilmac

That's the error, then: you must reflash using the last posted OBH 4.3.

4.3.001 is not the last release. Now it is possible to flash directly the 4.3.015.

F

fta

OK. Thanks again.

Is there no way around flashing? It is a pity now that finally everything seems to work. Except for the Timer button. Does that work after flashing 4.3.015?

A

Alexwilmac

No, you must flash: this is the only option. 4.3.001 has already been followed by other two releases, at least.
What does it means that the Timer button doesn't work? Everything has always work about Timers. And, anyway, has got no sense to stick to such a "old" release.

F

fta

Followed your advice and... solved! I used the Backup Menu / Full Backup and Flash. Great:yahoo:!

I created a thread for the Timer button issue in OpenBH General Discussions some time ago. It says, I quote myself:

The remote has a button that says "TIMER" and it shows the timer list perfectly with both BH and VTi, but it doesn't with openbh.

Setup/User Interface/ Button setup doesn't recognize the timer button which makes it impossible to configure it either. The MultiQuickButton plugin gives the same result.​

A

Alexwilmac

Sorry, I don't understand: you flashed by your FullBackup? This is not "reflashing". Reflashing means starting from scratch by the new file published in the Download section, that is the 4.3.015. Then update online.
What version do you have, then, now installed? I think you are where you were before.

F

fta

I downloaded openbh-4.3.015.release-vuuno4kse_usb_release_b9a3c70.zip, put it in a folder created by the software called imagebackups and used for full backups.

I hit Menu / Backup Menu / Full Backup and Flash (blue button).

The box started flashing from scratch. After rebooting there were a number of updates available, I installed them using the Setup / Software update menu entry and after the reboot no updates were available anymore.
Firmware version: openbh 4.3.018 (2020-02-26). According to OpenWebif (I'm away from home). So problem 1 solved.

Problem 2 is the Timer button. Why does it work with BH and VTi and doesn't it with openbh? It looks like a bug, it smells like a bug... it IS a bug. Isn't it?

J

Josejr1

hola necesito ayuda por favor tengo estos dos errores en la imagen Open Black Hole 4.3.028. son estos dos errores opkg alsa state.pastins retorned 99 y el otro error es opkg run_script package-alsa-state 99 quien me puede echar una ayuda gracias

K

KFL

alsa-state error 99 solution:
Code:
init 4 && opkg remove alsa-state --force-depends && opkg update && opkg install alsa-state && init 6

J

Josejr1

gracias perdona mi ignorancia ese código lo subo por putyy y se soluciona gracias