Recordings deletion

B.D.

The list of recordings (playlist) can contain several files and when you want to get rid of those already seen you have to delete them one by one and then they end up in the trash bin where you have to delete them one by one again.
Sometimes there are some not too intuitive functions and I wonder if I have missed the one that allows you to select a bunch of them before sending them to the trash or completely eliminate them.
If there is not such thing, wouldn't it be possible to implement it?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Once you have added the ones you want to remove to deleted items, just select the deleted items folder and press red to delete, it will then empty everything

B.D.

Once you have added the ones you want to remove to deleted items, just select the deleted items folder and press red to delete, it will then empty everything
Ok, that's one, it deletes the entire bin and will recreate it next time you delete something, smart :)
What about deleting them from the main list in between the other files that are not to be deleted? Is there a short cut for that too?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
The list of recordings (playlist) can contain several files and when you want to get rid of those already seen you have to delete them one by one and then they end up in the trash bin where you have to delete them one by one again.
Sometimes there are some not too intuitive functions and I wonder if I have missed the one that allows you to select a bunch of them before sending them to the trash or completely eliminate them.
If there is not such thing, wouldn't it be possible to implement it?
Although I customized the coloured keys in the REC LIST, I think that RED was already the default for deleting. And it needs just pressing RED and no confirmations are required. So, not such a big deal.
Then, as Ev0 said, the same RED on the Trash can does not remove the trashcan itself but only its content.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
How could there be ?

It doesn't know what you want to delete and what you don't, so you have to select them individually.

B.D.

Although I customized the coloured keys in the REC LIST, I think that RED was already the default for deleting. And it needs just pressing RED and no confirmations are required. So, not such a big deal.
Then, as Ev0 said, the same RED on the Trash can does not remove the trashcan itself but only its content.
I know what the red button is for. I'm not so dum.
Sometimes if you don't get the question it might be better not to answer. You're always so high.

How could there be ?

It doesn't know what you want to delete and what you don't, so you have to select them individually.
Ok thanks I was just asking if there was a way to select them. It doesn't matter ;)

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, there is: the same we mentioned about playing multiple files: press '0' to select the ones you want to delete and then press RED.

B.D.

Yes, there is: the same we mentioned about playing multiple files: press '0' to select the ones you want to delete and then press RED.
I tried as you said but it doesn't select the files.
Look, it is not that important, it's already a good thing the possibility to delete the whole lot of files in the bin at once as suggested before.
Thanks guys.

B.D.

Yes, I know it's zero but I did some tests, I produced some short new recordings because I didn't have any more and then I tried to select them with "zero" but at the very moment I pressed zero I was taken to the first row up which is the trash bin, and if then I hit red button a popup asks me if I want to delete the trash.

1_0_19_44D_71_217C_EEEE028A_0_0_0_20220604223445.jpg

Gold_66

I always do the deleting via Windows Explorer, it's much easier.
It is also very handy for sending files from PC to box and viceversa, just drag and drop, no need even for FileZilla ;)

winexp.jpg

B.D.

I always do the deleting via Windows Explorer, it's much easier.
It is also very handy for sending files from PC to box and viceversa, just drag and drop, no need even for FileZilla ;)

View attachment 3230
That would be a great thing but I'm having troubles accessing the deco via Explorer, it gives me an error.
I wonder if the access user and pwd has to do with it.
Sorry the sample picture is in italian but that's how my windows is set up.

05-06-2022 01-42-28.png

B.D.

I suppose I should make a straight connection PC=>STB via Ethernet, w/out even passing through the modem.
I'll try tomorrow, now it's late. :sleep:

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, I know it's zero but I did some tests, I produced some short new recordings because I didn't have any more and then I tried to select them with "zero" but at the very moment I pressed zero I was taken to the first row up which is the trash bin, and if then I hit red button a popup asks me if I want to delete the trash.

View attachment 3229

I don't know why your "cursor" goes high because, in case, after each press of 0 it normally goes down...
BUT, even so, the "last" highlighted file (highlighted but not selected) is ignored by the delete command. You must've done something different.
Is it the 5.1 you are using?

Last edited:

Gold_66

I wonder if the access user and pwd has to do with it.
Yes, sorry, forgot to mention it.
You need to set a password if you haven't already done so.
Direct cable connection is not necessary, (I'm not even sure whether it'll work or not ;) ) both devices are connected to modem via ethernet here.

Last edited:

zeberil

I delete using disc access through samba, on PC with Windows... nothing simpler and more practical.

Mick12334

Staff member
I just delete recordings using the red button, which sends the deleted recordings to the trash can, I then highlight the Trash Can, press the menu button, and empty the trash can, takes a few seconds, in total.
It's always wise to check the trash can, as you can accidentally delete multiple recordings, if the red button is used too quickly.

Also I access my engma 2 receiver, Duo2, by using the various Enigma 2 tools, e.g. Filezilla, dreamboxedit, telnet, DCC, (Dreambox Control Centre), VUCC, Vu+ Control Centre, etc..

You can also copy your recordings, from your receiver, to your PC, to burn to DVD, or just to save them.

B.D.

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention it.
You need to set a password if you haven't already done so.
Direct cable connection is not necessary, (I'm not even sure whether it'll work or not ;) ) both devices are connected to modem via ethernet here.
I verified with another installation of windows and it works, it must be this windows that has limitations as it's a lite version (LTSC). I will soon replace it.

@AlexWilMac , yes, I'm using the last version available and fully updated. It acts as I described.