Restoring an OBH backup

B.D.

I had some problems restoring as a new image an OBH5 backup in a slot so I wish to share my experience. I inserted in a USB pendrive the .zip file of a backup as for the installation of a normal image, the installation proceeded regularly or at least apparently but in the end the slot I was restoring in was empty as if nothing had been done.
I then realized after several attempts that the backup I wanted to restore was not working because it was the backup of an image that resides on the SD card where I have several extra slots.
I then backed up an image again OBH5 this time from one of the four onboard main slots and this time it worked perfectly restoring everything.
There is a substantial difference between a backup created from the SD and one created from the main slots, first of all the time required to create the backup, in the case of the SD it takes about 15 minutes while the backup directly from the decoder slot takes about 50 minutes and also the final size of the file created is much different, in the first case is about 223 mb while that of the other backup is about 770 MB, this is because as I saw it also included all the Picons and who knows what other staff that the other backup of the SD does not include for some reason.
For the recovery I simply inserted the .zip file on the stick and did the installation as for the other original images.
To conclude, according to my experience, the backup fails if taken from an image installed on the SD card, this makes this type of backup useless IMHO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ho avuto problemi nel ripristinare un backup di OBH5 come nuova immagine in uno slot, in una chiavetta inserivo il file .zip del backup come per l'installazione di una normale immagine, l'installazione proseguiva regolarmente almeno apparentemente ma alla fine lo slot risultava vuoto come se niente fosse stato fatto.
Ho poi capito dopo diversi tentativi che il backup che volevo ripristinare non era funzionante perchè era il backup di una immagine che risiede nella scheda SD dove ho diversi altri slot extra.
Ho quindi fatto il backup di una immagine sempre OBH5 questa volta installata su uno dei quattro slot principali di bordo e questa volta ha funzionato perfettamente ripristinando tutto.
C'è una sostanziale differenza tra il backup creato dalla SD e quello creato dagli slot principali, innanzitutto il tempo richiesto dal decoder per creare il backup, nel caso della SD ci mette circa 15 minuti mentre il backup direttamente dal decoder richiede approx 50 minuti e poi le dimensioni finali del file creato che nel primo caso è di circa 223mb mentre quello dell'altro backup siamo sui 770mb, questo perchè ho visto che ha incluso anche tutte le Picons e chissà quali altre cose che l'altro backup della SD non include per qualche motivo.
Per il ripristino ho semplicemente inserito il file .zip nella chiavetta e fatto l'installazione come per le altre immagini originali.
Per concludere, secondo questa mia esperienza, il backup non riesce se preso da una immagine installata su scheda SD, questo rende inutili questo tipo di backups.

04-05-2022 20-46-51.png