Streaming - how to

goral

Hi
How to kick off streaming client?
I have someone streaming from my box, who identify by self as 642322.windscrible.com
And i wont kick him out and block him to access to my box - how can i do it?

nunigaia

Staff member
Hi
I have someone streaming from my box, who identify by self as 642322.windscrible.com

Check OpenWebif settings ... and if you want post a screenshot of your OpenWebif settings ( via plugins browser ).
If you are not certain what you have done, reflash your STB and don´t open anything outside, for example via OpenWebIF.

best regards
Cobweb

zeberil

Hi

Maybe you're not putting here all you've done... Open doors, for example, among other situations.

You can start by doing this:

Setup > System > Customize > Require authentication for http streams = yes

TEEn1UD.png

nunigaia

Staff member
Hi
Check OpenWebif settings ... and if you want post a screenshot of your OpenWebif settings ( via plugins browser ).
If you are not certain what you have done, reflash your STB and don´t open anything outside, for example via OpenWebIF.

best regards
regards

Another situation:

We don´t give support to "fucking" backups ( external building images ... also named on some shit boards as "custom builds".

best regards
Cobweb

goral

I think you misunderstand me.
I just wont mange streaming, not switch off completely.
For example:
I have 3 strimming client, and i want kick off one of them.

Also, can I block specific IP address from access my box?

zeberil

Box is not a "IPTV Painel"....

Specific IP? If it is to block an IP, is it specific until when?

goral

I do not need IPTV panel
I just want kick off one specific IP address from streaming. It could be done by commands.
Also if it will be possible to prevent specific adres from accessing box.
Block until I unblock or block permanently.

zeberil

Locks a IP from someone, for example, 85.102.63.90 > This one changes IP, how do you want to take the blockade?

s8un3no

Se si sta parlando di openwebif non credo abbia senso bloccare un solo indirizzo, basta scollegare il modem da internet e ricollegarlo per avere un nuovo indirizzo, considera anche che chi entra su dispositivi non suoi usa sempre una vpn.
Se non hai attivato l'autenticazione http si possono collegare solo device collegati alla rete, dovresti sapere chi è collegato alla tua rete casalinga. Se hai attivato l'autenticazione http chi entra deve dare username e password che puoi sempre cambiare per tenerlo fuori.
Se invece si tratta di osc@m il discorso è diverso

Translate
If you are talking about openwebif I do not think it makes sense to block a single address, just disconnect the modem from the internet and reconnect it to get a new address, also consider that whoever enters devices that are not his always uses a vpn.
If you have not activated http authentication you can only connect devices connected to the network, you should know who is connected to your home network. If you have activated http authentication, whoever enters must give a username and password which you can always change to keep them out.
If, on the other hand, it is about osc @ m, the situation is different

zeberil

Box or Falbacktuner streaming function should be used with prudence, should not be used to serve multiple users... are excellent tools but for their own consumption.

If you have a router capable of creating rules, you can still be successful... I think we can redirect several distinct ports to the box, converging all in 8001 or 8002. Additionally to each of these ports can be defined an IP that will be contact. The IPs tend to be fixed, at least it is so here in Fiber... if the IP of contact changes, access is denied. You can also not use this contact IP definition function, being the port assigned to each user. In both cases, HTTP authentication must be required.

luP6GU0.png

It remains to add that the retransmission of TV services, or however, are illegal... uses only for self consumption.

goral

Streaming is only for me and my family.
I'm very often away from home, so I use streaming very often.
That I ask, for kick off some IP not just stop streaming.
Unfortunately my router can't block external IP addresses it was my first call.
I use DynamicDNS for easy access to my TV. So I don't need wory about change IP address from my ISP.
My gol is to got tools to kick off streaming client. Some times I left other box in my home streaming, and this box toot my tuner, so I can't use it.
And only solution is to ask someone at home to psychically switch off box in other room or restart my VU+ uno 4k SE. I will be prefer do this by mange streaming clients.
So I will be able to kick off some streaming.
I hope is now much clear.

zeberil

You do not need anyone to hang up/restart the box... You can do it at a distance since you have the Dyndns and open doors. Search for an Android application called tiMote (not available on the Play Store).

goral

You do not need anyone to hang up/restart the box... You can do it at a distance since you have the Dyndns and open doors. Search for an Android application called tiMote (not available on the Play Store).
Is just for restart remotely my box?
I can do this using PuTTY remotely.

nunigaia

Staff member
I think you misunderstand me.
I just wont mange streaming, not switch off completely.
For example:
I have 3 strimming client, and i want kick off one of them.

Also, can I block specific IP address from access my box?

Though, full flash and just give permission to the ones you want ... it´s your issue!