Suggestions or proposals to improve OBH

AlexWilMac

Staff member
First foreword: many parts of OBH code are in common with ViX, so maybe some aspects of OBH can't be directly modified or new features included without being included in ViX. But as our coders work in a cooperation with them, maybe is possible to add or change some parts of our beloved image.

Second foreword: I open this thread having in mind to write here only suggestions. I'd leave out of this thread comments, debates and so on.

°°°°°°°°
1) Width of filenames' field

OBH is very much customizable. A thing impossible is, though, to set how wide the filenames field should be and this, particularly with names of "external" files, would be comfortable.

Attachments

• Filenames-width.jpg
    Filenames-width.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 42

nunigaia

Staff member
First foreword: many parts of OBH code are in common with ViX, so maybe some aspects of OBH can't be directly modified or new features included without being included in ViX. But as our coders work in a cooperation with them, maybe is possible to add or change some parts of our beloved image.

Second foreword: I open this thread having in mind to write here only suggestions. I'd leave out of this thread comments, debates and so on.

°°°°°°°°
1) Width of filenames' field

OBH is very much customizable. A thing impossible is, though, to set how wide the filenames field should be and this, particularly with names of "external" files, would be comfortable.

Why don´t you check MENU settings and reduce the font size, and adjust it to your needs?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Because I'm a little bit shortsighted and because I often watch TV from distance ;)
Anyway, meanwhile, I'll follow your advice and I'll reduce a bit the font size but I think the fact you can't take advantage of all that space at the right it's a pity: the icon symbol field's width is 25% of the filename, just for a symbol!

Seagen

This screen was never intended to be fit into such a small listbox. Same goes with GraphicalEPG.
They are adapted to fullscreen.

multiepg.png

nunigaia

Staff member
Because I'm a little bit shortsighted and because I often watch TV from distance ;)
Anyway, meanwhile, I'll follow your advice and I'll reduce a bit the font size but I think the fact you can't take advantage of all that space at the right it's a pity: the icon symbol field's width is 25% of the filename, just for a symbol!
This screen was never intended to be fit into such a small listbox. Same goes with GraphicalEPG.
They are adapted to fullscreen.

View attachment 562

And then you have to adapt it to your needs as for example, change fonts and lines ( rows and columns ) displayable.

Furthermore, you must consider, buy an enlarged TV set ...

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, OK but, you know, as a statistician, I can't help considering the unbalanced situation between the title (I don't think to say a strange thing when I say the title is, by far, the most important field) and the others ;)
And not only this: I've immediately fell in love with OBH, since its 0.4, because of its huge possibility in customization. In the channel list, for instance, you have the chance of decide how large the channel name's field must be.
So, I thought there was nothing strange or wrong in offering the same in recording list. ;)

Seagen

Well at least the screen in it's default settings should match the OBH Skin default. It's nice with all this custom settings.
Should not need to adjust anything from default. Adjustment is there to help when you are using a third-party skin.

s8un3no

Controllo incremento volume.
Quando si preme il tasto volume questo si incrementa di 5 passi alla volta, per me è troppo. In molte immagini c'è la possibilità di scegliere di quanto aumentare, perndo sia una buona idea implementarlo anche sulla obh.
Ho dovuto importe un incremento di 2 quando il volume aumenta e ho lasciato 5 quando si abbassa

Translate

Volume increase control.
When you press the volume button it increases 5 steps at a time, for me it is too much. In many images there is the possibility to choose how much to increase, so it is a good idea to implement it on the obh as well.
I had to import an increase of 2 when the volume increases and I left 5 when it decreases

s8un3no

Ho molti dati del canale sulla seconda infobar, l'ho impostata in modo che non si chiudesse mai, spesso faccio confronti tra canali contigui, li cambio usando i tasti freccia < >, il problema è che ogni volta che cambio canale la seconda infobar si chiude, vorrei che rimanesse attiva come quando si premono i tasti P+ e P-

Translate

I have a lot of channel data on the second infobar, I set it so that it never closes, I often make comparisons between contiguous channels, I change them using the arrow keys <>, the problem is that every time I change the channel the second infobar is closes, I would like it to remain active as when pressing the P + and P- keys

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Ho molti dati del canale sulla seconda infobar, l'ho impostata in modo che non si chiudesse mai, spesso faccio confronti tra canali contigui, li cambio usando i tasti freccia < >, il problema è che ogni volta che cambio canale la seconda infobar si chiude, vorrei che rimanesse attiva come quando si premono i tasti P+ e P-

Translate

I have a lot of channel data on the second infobar, I set it so that it never closes, I often make comparisons between contiguous channels, I change them using the arrow keys <>, the problem is that every time I change the channel the second infobar is closes, I would like it to remain active as when pressing the P + and P- keys
Non è così: anch'io ho impostato la 2° infobar per non chiudersi mai perché non sopportavo il comportamento di BH. Ma se cambi canale non si chiude. E' proprio il motivo per cui ho impostato "Nessun timeout" per la 2°.
Per quanto riguarda il volume, mi sembra, sinceramente, un inutile aggravio di codice.
Il mio consiglio è di non utilizzare il tasto volume del telecomando per regolare il volume del box ma di lasciarlo come volume TV. Questo sia per chi, ogni tanto, ha bisogno di commutare sull'ingresso TV vero e proprio e sia perché il volume TV è, solitamente, più "fine".
Una volta impostato il volume del box al livello desiderato, anche il 100%, poi si regola coerentemente il volume del TV.
Questo è il mio approccio da parecchio tempo (mentre, all'inizio, i tasti volume regolavano il box). Tra le due soluzioni, la considero preferibile e più completa perché è sempre possibile regolare il volume del box sia con la OWIF che con una app qualsiasi mentre il contrario non è possibile senza andare a pescare il telecomando del TV e quindi con la necessità di tenere a portata di mano due telecomandi. Lo trovo scomodo.

exsat2

it would be possible to sort the items in the main menu as has been done for the plugin list... it would be very convenient without having to resort to various plugins...
thanks

sarebbe possibile poter ordinare le voci nel main menu come e' stato fatto per la lista plugin...sarebbe molto comodo senza dover ricorrere a plugin vari ...
grazie

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator

AlexWilMac

Staff member
it would be possible to sort the items in the main menu as has been done for the plugin list... it would be very convenient without having to resort to various plugins...
thanks

sarebbe possibile poter ordinare le voci nel main menu come e' stato fatto per la lista plugin...sarebbe molto comodo senza dover ricorrere a plugin vari ...
grazie
Ma tu ti dimentichi anche non solo dei thread che hai trovato in giro, ma anche di quelli a cui hai risposto tu stesso?!?
Puoi fare tranquillamente tutto con OBH5 in questo senso e, come giustamente ti ha ricordato Zorro, te l'abbiamo già scritto in quel thread.
Inoltre, ce ne sono altri su questo forum.

exsat2

ieri ho provato a vedere se era possibile ordinare il menu' prncipale ma non ho trovato il percorso giusto (obh 5),devo ricontrolalre meglio,a meno che non capisco il suggerimento in inglese e non trovo le voci giuste...

grazie e ciao

B.D.

Il messaggio in inglese ti diceva la stessa cosa che ti ho detto io ieri e per la quale mi hai risposto che non erano quelli i menu che vuoi riorganizzare ma l'ordine dei plugin ma se tu continui a chiamare l'ordine dei plugin "menu principale" riceverai sempre le stesse risposte, finchè la gente si stufa e non risponde più. Dovresti essere più chiaro e ripetere cosa ti serve perchè gli utenti non sono tenuti a conoscere la tua cronistoria.
Per riorganizzare i plugin sulla 5 te l'avevo già detto anche questo:
tasto verde
tasto rosso (impostazioni)
riordina la lista dei plugin

Nella pagina che si apre assegno i numeri progressivi per come li vuoi ordinati.
EDIT: che poi mi accorgo adesso che siamo tornati a inquinare il thread dove eri già stato ripreso da Alex. o_O

@AlexWilMac , se vuoi cancellalo pure il mio OT.

Last edited:

exsat2

ho scritto questo sul post #13

grazie

mi riferivo infatti al main menu' o menu' principale,dove ci sono le voci IMPOSTAZIONI,TIMER ecc... che fino alla 4.4 si potevano ordinare a piacere con il plugin MENUSORT...

mentre le altre discussioni si riferivano invece alla lista dei plugin installati,e li ho pututi riordinare seguendo i vostri consigli...
stavolta mi sembrava di aver scritto giusto e comprensibile... :unsure:

sempre grazie a tutti e ciao

AlexWilMac

Staff member
........................(omissis)..................
Il primo problema è che questo thread riguarda suggerimenti per nuove funzioni o modifiche mentre l'ordinamento delle voci dei MENU già esiste, come spiegato proprio in quell'altro thread a cui hai "partecipato" tu stesso!
E questo è il secondo problema....

nunigaia

Staff member
ho scritto questo sul post #13

grazie

mi riferivo infatti al main menu' o menu' principale,dove ci sono le voci IMPOSTAZIONI,TIMER ecc... che fino alla 4.4 si potevano ordinare a piacere con il plugin MENUSORT...

mentre le altre discussioni si riferivano invece alla lista dei plugin installati,e li ho pututi riordinare seguendo i vostri consigli...
stavolta mi sembrava di aver scritto giusto e comprensibile... :unsure:

sempre grazie a tutti e ciao

Just try the OpenBH 5.0 for now.

We can´t draw back, please, as we can´t give support for older images.

As @Zorro said:

MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > SETTINGS:

Drop down on the list and check "Sort Menu Screens".

1) Default as it is.

2) User defined ... it´s your choice, your settings!

3) User defined hidden ... It´s your choice and you can hide what you want to hide!

4) Alphabetical ( without comments ).

Is it clear?

best regards

Cobweb