Tutorial: How to create your own Picons - Come creare le proprie picons

B.D.

When I wanted to do it for myself, I had difficulty finding the instructions on the net and I had to use and put together all the fragmented info I found around, so I thought I'd make this short tutorial for those who want to create the missing picons for the local channels.

"Creating a custom picon"

With a little patience it is not difficult to create a picon for a channel that does not have one, these are the steps below:

First of all, you need to get the channel logo, if the channel has a site it can usually be found there otherwise with a screenshot via OpenWebif you can take it and cut it out from the channel itself.

Then you move on to a graphics program, possibly layered, I use Photoshop but there are also other free ones on the net, GIMP is excellent.

Attached I leave a background of the logo that I prepared for mine when I created them myself and I also leave the file in Photoshop format. The size is 400x240 but if you use picons 220x132 remember to resize.

Load the background into the graphics program and above, in a new level, insert the logo previously cut out graphically and once it is well centered and satisfactory, save the file in .PNG format at 32 bits per pixel.

At this point you have to rename the file correctly because the decoder interprets it by assigning it to the right channel and to do this go to the channel in question on the decoder and then in Menu/information/service and take note of the string "Service reference" and assign that string to name of the file with a modification, after EEEE they must be all zeros so in this case of the image below 1:0:19:46:200:1D:EEE0000:0:0:0: and so for all the others you will create.

It seems complicated but once you understand the mechanism everything becomes very easy.

1_0_19_46_200_1D_EEEE0282_0_0_0_20230607222121.jpg 1_0_19_46_200_1D_EEEE0282_0_0_0_20230607222204.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quando ho voluto farlo io per me stesso ho avuto difficoltà nel trovare le istruzioni in rete e ho dovuto utilizzare e mettere insieme le info che trovavo frammentate in giro così ho pensato di fare questo breve tutorial per chi volesse crearsi le picons mancanti dei canali locali sperando di aver fatto cosa gradita.

"Creazione di una picon personalizzata"

Con un po' di pazienza non è difficile creare una picon per un canale che ne è sprovvisto, questi che seguono sono i passi:

Occorre innanzitutto procurarsi il logo del canale, se il canale ha un sito solitamente si può trovare lì altrimenti con uno screenshot tramite OpenWebif lo si preleva e ritaglia dal canale stesso.

Dopodiché ci si sposta in un programma di grafica possibilmente a livelli, io utilizzo Photoshop ma ce ne sono anche altri gratuiti in rete, GIMP è ottimo.

In allegato lascio uno sfondo del logo che ho preparato per i miei quando me li sono creati io stesso e lascio anche il file in formato di Photoshop. La dimensione è 400x240 ma se si usano le picon di dimensione 220x132 ricordatevi di ridimensionare.

Sul programma di grafica si carica lo sfondo e sopra, in un nuovo livello, si inserisce il logo precedentemente ritagliato graficamente e una volta ben centrato e soddisfacente salvare il file in formato .PNG a 32 bit per pixel.

A questo punto bisogna rinominare il file correttamente perchè il decoder lo interpreti assegnandolo al giusto canale e per fare questo andare sul canale in questione sul decoder e poi in Menu/informazioni/canale e prendere nota della stringa "Riferimento canale" e assegnate quella stringa al nome del file con una modifica, dopo EEEE devono essere tutti zeri quindi in questo caso dell'immagine sotto 1:0:19:46:200:1D:EEE0000:0:0:0: e così per tutti gli altri che creerete.

Sembra complicato ma una volta capito il meccanismo diventa tutto molto facile.

1_0_19_46_200_1D_EEEE0282_0_0_0_20230607222121.jpg 1_0_19_46_200_1D_EEEE0282_0_0_0_20230607222204.jpg

Attachments

• SfondoNeroPICONS.rar
    79.3 KB · Views: 4