VU+ Solol 4K wont wake from deep standby

kegnkiwi

Good evening

I have been playing with openbh 5.3.003 on my solo 4k. I have loaded it as the multiboot option and manged to get the extra slots up to 7 slots working. The problem is that the images on the usb stick on slot 4 and 5 don't seem to want to wake up from the remote. I am not back onto the images on slots 1 emmc and slot 2 emmc to test to see if these also wake. The edition i am using is 5.4 rel 003 21-4-2024. Is this a known fault that i can resolve.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 104.png
    ScreenHunter 104.png
    653.4 KB · Views: 14

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
What exactly do you mean by wake from the remote ?

If you mean from deep standby then it's possible it is an issue with those 2 images, both are closed source so not much I can do to look into it.

Have you tried putting obh into slot 6 or 7, to see if the issue is the same ?

kegnkiwi

Thank you for your answer, yes what I mean is that images located in slots 4-7 when the receiver is put into deep standby when I try to wake the receiver/boot the box using the power button on the remote the receiver will not boot. The receiver sees the command as the power light flashes as it sees the action from the remote. Images stored in slots 1-3 in emmc boot fine. I will try blackhole in one of the slots that are free on the USB stick. Maybe the USB stick is too big at 250gb.i was not asking for help on anyone's else's image I thought there may be an issues with the blackhole image in the flash.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for your answer, yes what I mean is that images located in slots 4-7 when the receiver is put into deep standby when I try to wake the receiver/boot the box using the power button on the remote the receiver will not boot. The receiver sees the command as the power light flashes as it sees the action from the remote. Images stored in slots 1-3 in emmc boot fine. I will try blackhole in one of the slots that are free on the USB stick. Maybe the USB stick is too big at 250gb.i was not asking for help on anyone's else's image I thought there may be an issues with the blackhole image in the flash.
It is also possible that the drivers simply shut down the usb ports, when the box is in deep standby, therefore because the image is on the usb stick, it just can't respond.

I haven't ever used deep standby on any box, so don't know if this would also affect other vu+ boxes.

EDIT:
A workaround that you could try (as deep standby is effectively the same as the box being shutdown), is press and hold the power button on the remote for 12 seconds, that "should" force reboot the box.

kegnkiwi

Thank you I will try what you have suggested. I always put my box into deep standby because I may only use the receiver every other day. I do not like sending power to the motor constantly which I believe it does when in let's call it light standby.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you I will try what you have suggested. I always put my box into deep standby because I may only use the receiver every other day. I do not like sending power to the motor constantly which I believe it does when in let's call it light standby.
I would have to dig my solo4k out of the pile and connect it up to double check, but afaik the box will not power the motor when in "normal" standby, when I put my ultimo4k in standby, my v-box goes into standby too.

kegnkiwi

Evening @Ev0

I have tested an older version of blackhole in the 7th usb slot and this has the same result as the others that the box will not boot from deep standby to an image on the usb stick with just one press of the power button. Keeping the remote power button pushed for 12 seconds does indeed reboot the box and bring it back to life. Just leaving the box in standby i think does not send power to the motor but i am just waiting for it to get darker to confirm this when i can make sure the led on the motor is on illuminated. Thanks for the responses.

Reactions: Ev0

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
It sounds like the drivers shut off the usb ports then when box is in deep standby, thus it can't wake up as it can't read the usb.

The force reboot will do the trick though in this situation.

kegnkiwi

@Ev0 thanks again for the replies much appreciated. I have just tested the front usb slot to see if that made any difference and no go. One last question i have a 500gb hard drive installed in this box but its the older type drive not ssd. Is it possible to install multiboot from bh on the hard drive or is it simply too slow to run the images and would it cause excessive noise?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@Ev0 thanks again for the replies much appreciated. I have just tested the front usb slot to see if that made any difference and no go. One last question i have a 500gb hard drive installed in this box but its the older type drive not ssd. Is it possible to install multiboot from bh on the hard drive or is it simply too slow to run the images and would it cause excessive noise?
It was decided that it would not be a good idea to run images from a hard drive and as the boxes are not clever enough to be able to tell the difference between a sata hard drive or a sata ssd, therefore the option to use any hdd is disabled for multiboot.