Vu+Uno dead

D

don_hidalgo26

Hi everyone,
I have a Vu+ uno flashed with latest OBH 4.2 image and latest updates.
Today in the morning I was seeing an IPTV channel while the STB suddendly freezed.
I tryed to rebooting it (also turning it off and on) and the result is always the same: red light with status on STB display "starting" and fan inside at high speed (noisy).

Do you have any solution to this trouble?

Best regards
Roberto

A

Aliraza63

Remove hdd if u have installed or any other connected media like usb .
then check . and try to upgrade with any clean fresh install.

A

Alexwilmac

It's not clear: when you reboot, do you have the same problem with the same IPTV channel, with every IPTV channels or in general, even with terrestrial or sat channels?

D

don_hidalgo26

The TV says: "no signal". It seems that the STB does not send anymore the signal via HDMI port. The STB stays with red light with the "starting" in LCD without changing.

A

Alexwilmac

But do you have also non IPTV channels configured or only IPTV? i say so because the "Starting GUI" screen appears even when it doesn't tune any channels. But if you choose a channel working it might work.
If no channels work, not even the "normal" ones, there are two possibilities, I'd say:

1) your boxes stopped working this morning not because of the channel you were watching but because of a sudden HW problem.
2) the image got "corrupted". You must reflash your box or, if you were cautious enough and you made some FullBackup of your running image, you'll be able to reflash with it.

I take the opportunity to remind every users how important are the FullBackups, especially with these boxes where we often do experiments!
OBH, also, has a built-in feature to schedul FullBackups and, even more comfy, you don't need to stand up from your chair to flash by it: you can "flash" directly by the image backup/restore commands. :)

D

don_hidalgo26

I think the option 1 is the most suitable.
The STB has IPTV and SAT channels but it is not possible to navigate between the channels because I don't see GUI starting (no signal to TV).
Finally no modification was done except the loading via FTP of some new picons to media/usb/picon but I don't think the STB crashed for this problem!
Before crashing It has worked (today in the morning) about 2 hours with sat channel rainews...
Ciao!