Warning by EclipseFire skin

A

Alexwilmac

@Matrix10
I was going through my debug log file for other reason and I noticed these warning messages:

< 11807.6830> 14:58:53.3450 [Skin] Processing screen 'SecondInfoBar', position=(0, 765), size=(1920 x 325) for module 'SecondInfoBar'.
< 11807.9185> 14:58:53.5804 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'epg_description' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.
< 11807.9188> 14:58:53.5807 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'channel' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.
< 11807.9189> 14:58:53.5809 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'key_red' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.
< 11807.9191> 14:58:53.5810 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'key_green' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.
< 11807.9192> 14:58:53.5811 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'key_yellow' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.
< 11807.9193> 14:58:53.5812 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'key_blue' in <class 'Screens.InfoBarGenerics.SecondInfoBar'>.

and, after some other lines, also these:
< 11808.1999> 14:58:53.8618 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'Tuner' in <class 'Screens.Dish.Dish'>.
< 11808.2136> 14:58:53.8755 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'eventname' in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>.
< 11808.2156> 14:58:53.8775 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'speed' in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>.
< 11808.2159> 14:58:53.8778 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'statusicon' in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>.
< 11808.2161> 14:58:53.8780 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'PTSSeekBack' in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>.
< 11808.2162> 14:58:53.8781 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'PTSSeekPointer' in <class 'Screens.PVRState.TimeshiftState'>.

As of subject, I use EclipseFire skin. I know they are just warnings, but are they relevant?

M

Matrix10

If it was that important you would have an enigma crash.
Some things are not coded in the skin example the buttons in the OSD infobar.
I even personally think it would be good to clean up GUI/image skin coding from a lot of unnecessary stuff.

T

Thomas67

Those 4 colour buttons in the infobar should be set conditional in the skin.py once and for all because only the default "OE-A HD VIX 3.3" skin are using them and ;)

For the PVRState and TimeShiftState there is just a small tweak needed to the skins, So lucky you who have plenty of the to update ;)

class PVRState(Screen):
def __init__(self, session):
Screen.__init__(self, session)
self["eventname"] = Label()
self["state"] = Label()
self["speed"] = Label()
self["statusicon"] = MultiPixmap()

class TimeshiftState(Screen):
self["state"] = Label()
self["speed"] = Label()
self["PTSSeekBack"] = Pixmap()
self["PTSSeekPointer"] = Pixmap()

A

Alexwilmac

I had a similar case today but, this time the box freezed. So, the warning were similar but the spinner appeared and, after minutes where the box was unresponsive, I needed to switch it off. I was trying to do something I do very often: deleting a timer from timer list.
What was peculiar is that, as sometimes happens, this timer was disabled (because it was produced by Autotimer and I didn't want it to be executed) and, although it was set for 16:45, at 19:0 it was still there. So I wanted to delete it and the box freezed. I had the terminal running in debug mode, at the time (to investigate another, different issue I'm having lately), so these are the last lines from when I entered the timer list:

< 78135.2679> 19:50:21.5694 [Setup] XML cached setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
< 78135.2737> 19:50:21.5752 [Setup] DEBUG: Config list has changed!
< 78135.2762> 19:50:21.5777 [Skin] Processing screen 'TimerEntry' from list 'TimerEntry, Setuptimerentry, setup_timerentry, Setup', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'TimerEntry'.
< 78135.3007> 19:50:21.6022 [Skin] Processing screen 'NumericalTextInputHelpDialog', position=(240, 720), size=(479 x 160) for module 'NumericalTextInputHelpDialog'.
< 78135.3166> 19:50:21.6181 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'footnote' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3169> 19:50:21.6184 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'description' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3179> 19:50:21.6194 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'ok' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3181> 19:50:21.6196 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'cancel' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.

So, despite of the warning and of no crash, I had to switch off.

M

Matrix10

I had a similar case today but, this time the box freezed. So, the warning were similar but the spinner appeared and, after minutes where the box was unresponsive, I needed to switch it off. I was trying to do something I do very often: deleting a timer from timer list.
What was peculiar is that, as sometimes happens, this timer was disabled (because it was produced by Autotimer and I didn't want it to be executed) and, although it was set for 16:45, at 19:0 it was still there. So I wanted to delete it and the box freezed. I had the terminal running in debug mode, at the time (to investigate another, different issue I'm having lately), so these are the last lines from when I entered the timer list:

< 78135.2679> 19:50:21.5694 [Setup] XML cached setup file '/usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml', using element 'timerentry'.
< 78135.2737> 19:50:21.5752 [Setup] DEBUG: Config list has changed!
< 78135.2762> 19:50:21.5777 [Skin] Processing screen 'TimerEntry' from list 'TimerEntry, Setuptimerentry, setup_timerentry, Setup', position=(0, 0), size=(1920 x 1080) for module 'TimerEntry'.
< 78135.3007> 19:50:21.6022 [Skin] Processing screen 'NumericalTextInputHelpDialog', position=(240, 720), size=(479 x 160) for module 'NumericalTextInputHelpDialog'.
< 78135.3166> 19:50:21.6181 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'footnote' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3169> 19:50:21.6184 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'description' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3179> 19:50:21.6194 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'ok' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.
< 78135.3181> 19:50:21.6196 [Screen] Warning: Skin is missing element 'cancel' in <class 'Screens.TimerEntry.TimerEntry'>.

So, despite of the warning and of no crash, I had to switch off.

I doubt very much that this is due to the skin and the above errors.
you experiment a lot with the image
:D

probably the changes and actions you made ???
Here I am now in the list and nothing is freezing.

The fact that the skin errors were the last in the log does not mean that it was the cause of the image freezing.
The log simply could not go further because the process and processor were totally blocked.

Last edited:
M

Matrix10

I think it should be clear
major skin problems do not appear after a few minutes but instantaneously
and cause image crash.
Or after pressing a button and actions related to it
but even that doesn't have to be a skin bug but a bug in loading some information and commands.
Black Hole is very critical here while OpenBh is not.

Freezing is also possible but then it is constantly present when activating a panel with a large bug in coded panel or plugin.
It’s also more critical in Black Hole.
So it is not possible that the image crash or freezing is only sometimes in the panel due to skin coding.

Last edited:
A

Alexwilmac

Yes, yes: as I'm aware of the fact it's almost surely not a skin problem but it might be related to the image. And, yes, I know BH is much more strict about "strange" events. I submitted to you only because as the major expert and only you can judge if it's relevant or not. :)
And, as I said, I posted here although the first post was just a curiosity while this was a freeze situation.
Actually, it surprised me because it was an operation I've done hundreds of times without any issues. But this is IT ;) I posted just because I had the terminal debug on for other reasons and I took the chance of using it, just that.
Thanks anyway!

M

Matrix10

Yes, yes: as I'm aware of the fact it's almost surely not a skin problem but it might be related to the image. And, yes, I know BH is much more strict about "strange" events. I submitted to you only because as the major expert and only you can judge if it's relevant or not. :)
And, as I said, I posted here although the first post was just a curiosity while this was a freeze situation.
Actually, it surprised me because it was an operation I've done hundreds of times without any issues. But this is IT ;) I posted just because I had the terminal debug on for other reasons and I took the chance of using it, just that.
Thanks anyway!

Yes,
it would be good to remove these errors but I'd rather OE-A coders throw out a lot of coding
used by 0.1% of users.
Then the image would be much better.
The buttons in the OSD have been standing there for twenty years :suda:
But what is there is.
When I find time I will look to eliminate some errors.

The problem is that they are constantly changing something in image/skin coding but with minimal effect, or opposite effect
so I often wonder if they don't have something better to do.
Let’s say you clean up at least twenty skin options that no one uses.
:chair: :D

You know when you only have a couple of image skins then goes easier but when you have about thirty skins it's endless work.

M

Matrix10

Those 4 colour buttons in the infobar should be set conditional in the skin.py once and for all because only the default "OE-A HD VIX 3.3" skin are using them and ;)

For the PVRState and TimeShiftState there is just a small tweak needed to the skins, So lucky you who have plenty of the to update ;)

class PVRState(Screen):
self["state"] = Label()
self["speed"] = Label()

class TimeshiftState(Screen):
self["state"] = Label()
self["speed"] = Label()
self["PTSSeekBack"] = Pixmap()
self["PTSSeekPointer"] = Pixmap()

Thomas,
You are an expert on such errors
we are waiting for the fixes :D
Of course especially those with descriptions and whole fairy tales for the use of panels.
Don't forget the buttons in the OSD and OSD at least fifty lines bigger than mine
Of course, a large EPG OSD is also very desirable
Then we can eliminate the EPG button on the remote.
And if you add a thermometer i OSD, we'll warm up without expensive heating and high energy bills.

:wallbash: :D :D

T

Thomas67

Well if you add this code to the infobar and SecondInfobar the button missing error is gone from the debuglog
It's a dirty fix so it should be fixed by the OE-A coders ;) Along with the heatup code and EPG OSD :lol:

<!-- Mockup keys to prevent debuglogg error in the infobars -->
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/red.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_red" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/green.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_green" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/yellow.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_yellow" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/blue.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_blue" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<!-- end -->

M

Matrix10

Well if you add this code to the infobar and SecondInfobar the button missing error is gone from the debuglog
It's a dirty fix so it should be fixed by the OE-A coders ;) Along with the heatup code and EPG OSD :lol:

<!-- Mockup keys to prevent debuglogg error in the infobars -->
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/red.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_red" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/green.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_green" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/yellow.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_yellow" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<ePixmap pixmap="buttons/blue.png" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<widget name="key_blue" position="0,0" size="0,0" />
<!-- end -->

Dear Thomas,
Thanks for the lesson I didn't know this

:D

I'm kidding you know that.
It's good that you're helping me
but these are small errors that do not affect the operation of the image
maybe in the logs.
But I would ask you and other members to report skin bugs especially the bigger ones
so I'll see that we eliminate them slowly.
Testing costs me more time than skin codings.

T

Thomas67

Jokes are on my my friend :) And all the lessons i could give has been learned from you :notworthy:

I also now that skin is missing is just a warning or a hint and not a real error.
When we design a skin not all avalible widgets is necessary or does not present them self nice.

There is as far as I have tested no bugs in the skin it looks nice it works and present what is needed.
And most important of all, No crashes so as always amazing and solid work :victory: