• Dreambox

• Gigablue

• Ax

• Uclan

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I'd like an Ultimo4K, but I can't find it anymore.
About the poll, I would vote more box, if this chance was enabled, meaning (for instance) that my favourite box is a VU+ but I'd like to use OBH, for instance, on a Gigablue. But two votes are yet not possible. As Statistics is my field... ;) I believe this is a too severe limitation in the poll in order to have a "feel" of the users' preferences.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like an Ultimo4K, but I can't find it anymore.
About the poll, I would vote more box, if this chance was enabled, meaning (for instance) that my favourite box is a VU+ but I'd like to use OBH, for instance, on a Gigablue. But two votes are yet not possible. As Statistics is my field... ;) I believe this is a too severe limitation in the poll in order to have a "feel" of the users' preferences.
A favourite box is 1 box that you like the most, not every box you like

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, sure: staying very adherent to the concept of "favourite" is undoubtedly like you say.
But, really, a statistician uses a poll more often to collect a larger set of answers because this gives a more detailed chance of understanding a phenomenon. Otherwise is like describing a place by a 2D map instead of a 3D one: 2D gives a clean and essential idea of some positions; 3D is more complex but offers different points of view.
That's why not every polls are build on a single answer. ;) But mine was just a thought due to being too accustomed to the matter :)

el bandido

Edision osmio4kplus

I target fta satellite channels on c/ku bands using motorized Prodelin c band 3.7 meter, Prodelin ku band 2.4 meter, and motorized Geosat 1.2 meter for ku band.
My favorite receiver today is the osmio4kplus. Here are some of the reasons why:
* Receives DVB/S2/S2x 16/32apsk transponders that are above 45000 symbol rate
* Decent DVB-S/S2/S2x tuner sensitivity that allows unfiltered scanning using modified enigma2 image
* Acceptable DVB-S/S2/S2x blindscan
* Tuner capable of small transponder reception (symbol rates around 1000)
* T2MI transponder reception
* DVB-S/S2/S2x Tuner capable of finding and receiving channels on transponders as close as 1 MHz apart using modified enigma2 image
* Receiver Allows multiple usb tuners and other devices to be connected to the receiver at one time ( most receivers do good to allow one or two)

I have tried high-end receivers from vuplus, and gigablue. I find these receivers fail or perform poorly on the items listed above. I recently purchased the PULSe4K receiver which has also been a disappointment. Most of the problems with the PULSe4K could be fixed, but there is no action or effort from the manufacturer. My search continues for a twin satellite tuner receiver with internal hard drive that has the features listed above.

Gold_66

Ocatgon of course ;)
ocatgon.jpg
After DM800, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Ultimo and Vu+ Solo 4K, I'm a very happy Octagon SF8008 Twin user now - it's miles better than all those previous devices, can't say anything about other boxes in the list, haven't tried them.

@el bandido
You should give a chance to SF8008 Twin, it has no internal hard drive, but I'm using a 64 GB sd card as /media/hdd - it's super fast and runs just like the SSD I had in Vu+ Solo 4K.
I'm not a pro, so I cannot guarantee that it will meet all those specs above, but I'd give it a go if I were you. :)
Btw, any chance to share that "modified" enigma2 image ?

el bandido

Ocatgon of course ;)
View attachment 277
After DM800, Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Ultimo and Vu+ Solo 4K, I'm a very happy Octagon SF8008 Twin user now - it's miles better than all those previous devices, can't say anything about other boxes in the list, haven't tried them.

@el bandido
You should give a chance to SF8008 Twin, it has no internal hard drive, but I'm using a 64 GB sd card as /media/hdd - it's super fast and runs just like the SSD I had in Vu+ Solo 4K.
I'm not a pro, so I cannot guarantee that it will meet all those specs above, but I'd give it a go if I were you. :)
Btw, any chance to share that "modified" enigma2 image ?

I think the SF8008 twin is a decent fta receiver. I say this by what others have written. But the SF8008 does not support atsc usb tuner. The PULSe4K is supposed to have the same or similar tuner as the SF8008. That was the main reason for purchasing it.

As for the custom image, The SF8008 would have to be built "blind" as I do not have any way of testing the result. I would expect the image to boot but could not guarantee it. It would be interesting to see how SF8008 tuner does scanning unfiltered and with spacing between transponders set to 1 MHz.

It's a FBC tuner, isn't it? Otherwise...
No sir. I do not think any Edision receiver to date has FBC tuner
FBC Tuners do not perform well on small transponders and do not seem to be as sensitive when compared to non-FBC tuners. To date, FBC tuners are not capable of blindscanning.