5.2 recovery does not boot

NotLikeSomeone

Hello,
my box is stuck at the reboot (immediately at the splash screen): I had switched from 5.2.002 in flash slot 2 to 4.4. in a USB slot and then, when I tried to reboot in the slot 2 the box got stuck at the splash, so before even try to start any kernel.
I then tried to remove the USB stick with the 4.4 but nothing changed. What can I try (apart from reflash from scratch the recovery image)? because this would mean to lose also the image in the flash slots.

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
it seems you didn't read the documentation.

you can try puttinga STARTUP_RECOVERY empty file on an usb stick. the box should be forced to boot the slot0/recovery image

if that fails, unpack the image and leave in vuplus\boxname\ just the kernel_auto.bin and flash it.

you should remove the multiboot kernel and you can backup your files.

NotLikeSomeone

Many thanks: yes, I had read it but, I confess, completely forgotten. Maybe writing it in bold and red could be useful to highlight it? Somewhat, due to its name, a user could believe that the recovery image would start automatically in case of troubles :)

NotLikeSomeone

After the boot of the recovery image, I tried to install again a 5.2, at first into a slot where I had previously deleted an image from; then into a new empty slot (slot 3) but there's no way to reboot into one of them two: each time it starts the recovery image.
Do I need to reflash everything?

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
After the boot of the recovery image, I tried to install again a 5.2, at first into a slot where I had previously deleted an image from; then into a new empty slot (slot 3) but there's no way to reboot into one of them two: each time it starts the recovery image.
Do I need to reflash everything?
You need to delete the STARTUP_RECOVERY file from the usb