Audio problems

Mick12334

Staff member
Running the latest OpenBh 5.3 on a VU+ Duo 2, and I've noticed a couple of Audio problems, which worked in OpenBh 5.2.
First I got no sound, when feeding the VU+ Duo 2, to a DVD recorder, using a scart lead, until I changed the audio sound level options from all to HDMI.
Then I noticed that the sound didn't work from Dailymotion downloads, which I sent to my VU+, using Filezilla, again this worked in 5.2 but there is no audio when using 5.3. They also play the sound on my PC using VLC.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Running the latest OpenBh 5.3 on a VU+ Duo 2, and I've noticed a couple of Audio problems, which worked in OpenBh 5.2.
First I got no sound, when feeding the VU+ Duo 2, to a DVD recorder, using a scart lead, until I changed the audio sound level options from all to HDMI.
Then I noticed that the sound didn't work from Dailymotion downloads, which I sent to my VU+, using Filezilla, again this worked in 5.2 but there is no audio when using 5.3. They also play the sound on my PC using VLC.
Do you know which audio codecs are being used and also which player are you using (mediaplayer, exteplayer3, gstplayer) ?

Mick12334

Staff member
Thanks for the reply Ev0.
I'm just using the default player, in OpenBh 5.3.
I've just been testing it, and noticed other recordings weren't working, Kodi downloads, Youtube videos, etc.., yet my normal,satellite recordings, had sound, so I did a full shut down, and switch on, and the sound is back.
I still don't understand why the sound stops working, at times, and why the scart connection, to my DVD recorder, doesn't work, when Auto Volume Level is set to Off, but only when set to HDMI, as it used to work without me altering the Auto Volume Level, but this doesn't concern me, that much, it's just annoying that I have to do a full re-boot, to get sound on some of my recordings.