Autoresolution 5.3.016

Nitemare

Hi ... with the NEW update (016) my VU+ Ultimo 4K crashed, as the already installed Autoresolution (I had alaways previously downloaded via Systemplugin feeds) conflicted with the addition of the NEW Autoresolution option in the Audio & Video Menu!

I had to manually remove Autoresolution Systemplugin to correct the crash.

However, the "NEW" Autoresolution option in the main Audio & Video Menu isn't as effective as the previous Systemplugin option!!

Compared to the previous Autoresolution plugin there are now only limited resolution options offered (2 or 3 options) for each resolution in the AV Menu. This results in my TV (Panasonic 4K) now having to auto change more regularly to cope with the channel resolutions!! i.e. when zapping from a 1080i to 1080p programme the TV has to readjust to cope ... this wasn't the case with the "older" stand alone Autoresolution option via the system plugins which as stated had way more options to select the resolution required!

Can you please amend/add to the NEW Autoresolution in Audio & Video Menu, allowing for more resolution options to be offered again please? (e.g SD, 720, 1080i and 1080p can be on the same resolution saving the TV from constantly readjusting)

Thanks,
Nitemare.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The old way never worked correctly, so over the years, many workarounds have been added to the code, to bypass various issues.

With the new settings for 99% of users, you should only need to set the output resolution you wish to use (2160p or 1080p etc etc) then select the auto option for the refresh rate and Auto for HDMI colourspace.

The Autoresolution plugin should not be required and can be removed and the Force Resolution override* only required with older / more basic tv's that do not support all video modes.

Nitemare

@ EVO

I respect your reply, however, I still think that the old way worked better, at least it did for me!

It offered the option to have all SD/HD feeds as 1080p and then my UHD feeds at 2160p ... it meant TVs only ever auto configured between 1080 and 2160 but now they are gaving to constantly auto change when zapping! Would it really be a big pain to offer more resolution options?

Cheers,
Nitemare.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@ EVO

I respect your reply, however, I still think that the old way worked better, at least it did for me!

It offered the option to have all SD/HD feeds as 1080p and then my UHD feeds at 2160p ... it meant TVs only ever auto configured between 1080 and 2160 but now they are gaving to constantly auto change when zapping! Would it really be a big pain to offer more resolution options?

Cheers,
Nitemare.
You have not done as I have suggested.

Doing this, it will lock to the output set, I.E. you set output to 2160p then EVERYTHING is output at 2160p (the box does the upscaling) or set to 1080p and everything is output as 1080p, it doesn't switch, unless you play something that is a different refresh rate (p24 video, p60 usa, p50 europe) etc.

Nitemare

@ EVO

I have/had done as you suggested ...

However, YES after setting the box to either 1080p or 2160p ... there are still issues!!

in 1080p mode all channels work fine colour etc ... except the 4K TVs then don't switch to 4K mode (they stay in 1080p) adding an UHD only option in NEW autoresolution would fix this!

in 2160p mode all channels work fine colour etc ... except one of my TVs is HDMI 1.3a only and can't then cope with the 2160p mode (picture is washed out in all resolutions!!)

... the older Autoresolution allowed me to compensate eiher way!! The NEW autoresolution doesn't offer me the solution I need!!

Sorry!!

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@ EVO

I have/had done as you suggested ...

However, YES after setting the box to either 1080p or 2160p ... there are still issues!!

in 1080p mode all channels work fine colour etc ... except the 4K TVs then don't switch to 4K mode (they stay in 1080p) adding an UHD only option in NEW autoresolution would fix this!

in 2160p mode all channels work fine colour etc ... except one of my TVs is HDMI 1.3a only and can't then cope with the 2160p mode (picture is washed out in all resolutions!!)

... the older Autoresolution allowed me to compensate eiher way!! The NEW autoresolution doesn't offer me the solution I need!!

Sorry!!
Right so on a 2160p tv, you should only need to set the box output to 2160p and it covers all resolutions of all content.

Your older tv, you then need to adjust the HDMI colourspace, to one that works for that TV (probably RGB or 4:2:0 works best on that one).

Nitemare

@ EVO

setting colourspace on box to RGB seems to have worked ... colours no longer washed out in the older TV (HDMI 1.3a)

Changing this setting in Box will that affect anything else especially regarding 4K output??

Thanks so far for your help!

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
@ EVO

setting colourspace on box to RGB seems to have worked ... colours no longer washed out in the older TV (HDMI 1.3a)

Changing this setting in Box will that affect anything else especially regarding 4K output??

Thanks so far for your help!
No it should be ok, only older tv's should need that setting changed, but if you do come across something that doesn't display correctly then just try the other hdmi colourspace options, 1 of them will work for everything.

Nitemare

I can't amend colourspace on any of the older TVs affected directly (both Panasonic LCDs with HDMI 1.3a only input)

Changing colourspace in box to RGB has cured the washed out view all othert options kept the wasjeed out look! I'm just concerned it may affect the 4K TV's??

The newer 4K TVs Panasonic LED/OLED seem okay at mo but I've not yet tried all types of inputs (HDR for example)

Thanks.

HDR content checked and it seems okay too ...

@ EVO ... thanks for assisting ur always knowledgable ... I've "suffered" the washed our look for years not ever knowing that colourspace change to RGB would fix it!!

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I can't amend colourspace on any of the older TVs affected directly (both Panasonic LCDs with HDMI 1.3a only input)

Changing colourspace in box to RGB has cured the washed out view all othert options kept the wasjeed out look! I'm just concerned it may affect the 4K TV's??

The newer 4K TVs Panasonic LED/OLED seem okay at mo but I've not yet tried all types of inputs (HDR for example)

Thanks.
I did mean change it on the box, not the tv itself.

I know it's been a bit of a change, but as said, the original method has never worked correctly and was just various fixes, hacks, bypasses to work around issues, now it does all work in the way it should always have done and the separate Autores plugin should never be required.

Nitemare

I did mean change it on the box, not the tv itself.
Ahh understood ... that's fine then as that's how its set now!! And all content across all my TVs appears unaffected by change (except now I have proper colours on the older 1.3a HDMI ones ... FINALLY lol (y) )

I know it's been a bit of a change, but as said, the original method has never worked correctly and was just various fixes, hacks, bypasses to work around issues, now it does all work in the way it should always have done and the separate Autores plugin should never be required.
Its finally fixed and now I don't actually need it anymore anyways lol ... TYPICAL :LOL:

However, more importantly I'm happy that the OBH software is STILL working for me without issue and I can upload further amendmenst etc. going forward (y)

Thanks again @EVO ur assistance AND patience is very much appreciated!! ;)

Nitemare.