Can not uninstall softcam plugins Obh5

ALIEN1X

I installed soft cam plugins but when I uninstall them via feeds, I get mesage saying failed and the files are still in the directory?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Delete by FTP, then.
Are you talking about softcam or softcam's plugin? Because you used the plural plugins, but there is only one softcam plugin and there are several softcams.

ALIEN1X

Its softcam plugin from the plugin feeds
it wont uninstall if I go to feeds plugin and press red button to remove plugin.
I have 3 softcam plugins installed via offical feeds for testing and none can be removed once installed. So i have to reflash the reciver.
If deleing by FTP which folders and files do delete as I do not want to generate system errors just incase?

zeberil

Its softcam plugin from the plugin feeds
it wont uninstall if I go to feeds plugin and press red button to remove plugin.
I have 3 softcam plugins installed via offical feeds for testing and none can be removed once installed. So i have to reflash the reciver.
If deleing by FTP which folders and files do delete as I do not want to generate system errors just incase?

usr/softcams > bin
usr/camscript > softcam_script

Restart E2

AlexWilMac

Staff member
No, again, you weren't talking about softcam plugin but just and only about softcams. Softcam plugin is only one and is used to manage your softcams.
The binary files (softcams) are where zeberil said. And the launching scripts are where zeberil said. If you had been precise, you had got an answer much before.

ALIEN1X

I cant find that path or anything under etc,tubox after selecting plugins and red bitton remove plugins and selected oscam
I then press blue buttonto check and oscam is still there?

as mentikoedn i can not find paths
root/usr/softcams > bin
root/ usr/camscript > softcam_script

AlexWilMac

Staff member
what path? The path are the ones you wrote!
You need to delete from those folders, the softcam's binary: that's all.

ALIEN1X

I was advsied to delete folders and bin files from the following path

usr/softcams > bin
usr/camscript > softcam_script

That path can not be found and the oscam option is still there when Ipress the blue button on the remote to start it so it must be still there and not removed

AlexWilMac

Staff member
What file have you searched for in /usr/softcams or in /usr/bin? You need to find the binary file, that means, for example: oscam if you installed oscam, ncam, if you installed ncam, oscam-stable, and so on.
And What file have you searched for in /usr/camscript ?
I'm curious.
What files have you there, listed?

ALIEN1X

My mistake, I must have been blind, I found the files to delete under root//usr/camscript
deleted cccam and ncam files, so now the option no longer shows up for oscam and cccam when pressing the blue button.
It would be good on the next update if removing plugins could be done via feeds option rather then looking fro the folders files unde the root diretcory