Compile

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes I have but I remember some important coder himself explaining it was not so "automatic" to use them because it isn't just a matter of installing a driver but there was something about a daemon, or else.
Actually, I'd like to try a USB one already now that I'm not in a real need (thanks to my Solo4K) to be prepared in case it dies. Smargo, though, wasn't easy to find around, if I'm not wrong.
But I'll have a look, again.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Yes, I had found it, actually. Is the Argolis one? But the question (because I think it was just you who talked about the fact it is also needed a daemon: would it be automatically seen just by installing a driver under OBH? I may surely order it and try: it'd mean I'd able to use other boxes in case of failure of my beloved Solo4K (and also of the secondary Duo2).

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I actually have two USB s.c. readers, but their brand are not my favourite... One is a ewent and one is a Nilox... bad stuff like Trust and other chinese products, often.
Actually, Nilox worked for me to read not a smartcard of a broadcaster subscription but one for Public Services. And I surely tried one year or two years ago or so, but it was impossible to have it recognised.
I suppose I need to check for their chipsets. Was it dmesg the command to do that, am I right? Just in case they have a compatible one. But then...

Seagen

Do not go for any Argolis tripple smart it's hell to setup. PCSC readers works very well and are easy to use. all you need of extra files are on the feeds for both pcsc and usb smart mouse/phoenix readers. Argolis Smargo V2 is the best of the smargo readers.

This is the best reader and i have been using mine for 10 years with no problems :)
Infinity USB Smart

antrabe

yesterday i had to stop because was so late and didnt finish. today im trying but appear new error

openbhbuilder@ubuntu:~/openbh$ git clone git://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git -b 5.0
Cloning into 'build-enviroment'...
fatal: remote error:
The unauthenticated git protocol on port 9418 is no longer supported.
Please see https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/ for more information.
openbhbuilder@ubuntu:~/openbh$

antrabe

How much time does it take compiling without minimum requirements? 16gb ram I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

el bandido

How much time it takes to compile a particular image will depend on several things. Usually the more tasks that your computer will allow to be ran at one time will translate into faster image build times.
Internet speed is also a factor. Many things need to be downloaded when an image is first built.

The attached photo will show the information of one computer I use for image building. This antique of a machine will build images at up to 32 tasks at one time. Generally the more ram you have, the better. But images can be successfully built on much less computer systems. It just takes more time. I have one machine that will usually take 12-24 hours to build an OE Alliance type image. It can only process 2 tasks at a time.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-01-11 18-09-00.png
    Screenshot from 2022-01-11 18-09-00.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 8

antrabe

How much time it takes to compile a particular image will depend on several things. Usually the more tasks that your computer will allow to be ran at one time will translate into faster image build times.
Internet speed is also a factor. Many things need to be downloaded when an image is first built.

The attached photo will show the information of one computer I use for image building. This antique of a machine will build images at up to 32 tasks at one time. Generally the more ram you have, the better. But images can be successfully built on much less computer systems. It just takes more time. I have one machine that will usually take 12-24 hours to build an OE Alliance type image. It can only process 2 tasks at a time.

yesterday I were trying during 6h and only 16% then it’s seems I’m in the same case that you with:

“ I have one machine that will usually take 12-24 hours to build an OE Alliance type image. It can only process 2 tasks at a time.”

If anyone from team has the posibility to compile fast and he is so kind to let me test in gigablue trio 4K I could test how is working on this machine.

thanks

el bandido

What you are asking may not be as easy as it seems.
Compiling the image is easy enough.
Then it needs to be uploaded to the Internet, which could be done again easy enough.
But what about the feeds? They are not quite as easy to upload to the Internet unless you are setup to do that.
Finally, what about the image? It will compile easily, but will it boot? So the image you get may not boot unless someone has the box to test it before it is sent to you.

It is much better if you compile the image yourself, and set the build computer up to allow your receiver access to the feeds.

antrabe

What you are asking may not be as easy as it seems.
Compiling the image is easy enough.
Then it needs to be uploaded to the Internet, which could be done again easy enough.
But what about the feeds? They are not quite as easy to upload to the Internet unless you are setup to do that.
Finally, what about the image? It will compile easily, but will it boot? So the image you get may not boot unless someone has the box to test it before it is sent to you.

It is much better if you compile the image yourself, and set the build computer up to allow your receiver access to the feeds.
Ok i though was working because coders test before release. Anyway as far I know I saw some screenshots of the trio 4k working but were crashing even I tested myself.
My request it’s more for coders which maybe they test something.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Ok i though was working because coders test before release. Anyway as far I know I saw some screenshots of the trio 4k working but were crashing even I tested myself.
My request it’s more for coders which maybe they test something.
How do you propose we do these tests ?

Gigablue didn't reply to us yet, we don't plan to buy more boxes we have enough, if they want to cooperate we are here.