CoolTVGuide

Roland

Has anyone managed to get CoolTVGuide working on openbh 5.0. Tried everything but always end up with ‘No module named’ error.

Logan

coder
Staff member
Administrator
You have to ask to the author of the plugin to update it to work with python 3

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Believe me: CoolTVguide is a waste of space and a kitschy bunch of colours. I suggest you the "Grid EPG", as in the English GUI is called, a multi channel graphic EPG mode, clean, complete, effective and which offers you a greater number of rows.
I assigned it to EPG key and that's all.

Attachments

• GridEPG.jpg
    GridEPG.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 35

B.D.

...a multi channel graphic EPG mode, clean, complete, effective and which offers you a greater number of rows.
I assigned it to EPG key and that's all.
I have the same EPG set on my unit but how come I don't have the picons shown like in yours even if I do have them displayed in the channels lists. Do they have a specific format?
The only option I have found concerning picon in the EPG settings menu is about the picons width and nothing else.
Thanks for assistance.

1_0_19_BBE_3A2_110_EEEE0262_0_0_0_20220323024408.jpg

B.D.

Sorry for the second post in a row, I tried to edit the previous one but time was over for editing.

Just wanted to add that I can't also view the channel numbers as per screenshot below.

1_0_19_BBC_3A2_110_EEEE0000_0_0_0_20220323030135.jpg

AlexWilMac

Staff member
In OBH you can configure and customize whatever: once you are in that screen, have you ever tried to press MENU?
This "trick" works in many sections of the image.
You can configure also the font width and the timeline length.
OBH is a synonimous of customization; otherwise we'd be stuck on BH ;)

B.D.

Yes, that's where I've got those screenshots from. Do you mean I should play around with the widths?

B.D.

Found how to do.
Somehow I didn't see the menu voice that allows to choose what to display.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1_0_19_BBE_3A2_110_EEEE0262_0_0_0_20220323125745.jpg
    1_0_19_BBE_3A2_110_EEEE0262_0_0_0_20220323125745.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 30

xRobertas

Has anyone managed to get CoolTVGuide working on openbh 5.0. Tried everything but always end up with ‘No module named’ error.
Hi. Do you still have an unsolved cooltvguide for py3? Tested on openbh 5.2.003. Since I don't know how to answer you here via private message, give me a contact where I can send you a zip.