Dreambox Two Utlra HD - OBH

ALIEN1X

Hello,
Can OBH be installed on Dreambox Two Ulta HD?
I know its closed source, but I was on the understanding it can be installed in any E2 reciever?
I have also heard that it can be installed using newnigma2, bu?t having checked this forum I can not see any downloads for dreambox?

Release an image for a box requires testing the image. Sometime it doesn't work after the first build and we need to connect the box to the pc with a serial cable to locate and fix issue. So to be able to release good images we need to have few samples of the box and a technical contact from the vendor to be able to solve issues (often we find driver bugs and we always report them to the vendor).

Thanks for confirming, good job I asked before buying, leaves me thinking why they made the new DM boxes if there no proper working E2 images and support for them.

I think there is an openatv and maybe an openpli image for that box.

But DM has never really cared about supporting their products, they were only interested in sales.

Anyway DM no longer exist, so they won't be updating support or fixing any issues now anyway.

Thanks for confirming, good job I asked before buying, leaves me thinking why they made the new DM boxes if there no proper working E2 images and support for them.
I have a Dreambox one which is similar to a Dreambox Two.

The Dreambox One has an Amlogic chipset and uses a 64 but operating system.

Images exist for the DreamOme and DreamTwo models that were put together by someone who worked for Dreambox. These images are Python 2 and were made years ago. Some of these Dreambox images will have a more recent date (2023-2024) but are still based on the older code. Names for these images will vary. They all have the same or similar buld type.

There is a group that makes an OpenPLi type image that runs on the DreamOne and DreamTwo models. Also as previously mentioned, OpenATV has images for these models of Dreambox, but they are "buggy". DreamBox insisted on being closed sourced, so there is no documentation for a group like Open Black Hole or asnyone else to build DreamOne and DreamTwo images.

Anyone that puts a copy of Linux on their computer has the ability to build enigma2 images. You can build an image today for DreamOne using Open Black Hole sources, but the image will not boot unless adjustments are made. Then you have no HDMI audio and other problems.

The Hardware and speed of the DreamOne are excellent, but the software and enigm2 image slections are poor. If I had it to do again, I might not buy the DreamOne. But I have learned a lot by messing with it, and I always wanted a genuine DreamBox just to see what they were like. Niow I know...

Back