Extensions Menu

paperino61

Hi, I use a plugin (camoFS) that exposes both in the plugin list (greenPanel), and in the Extensions List Menu three entries:
- camoFS
- camoFS Surveillance StartStop
- CamoFS PIP startStop

If, instead of watching a TV channel, I start a recording, in the Extensions menu, I see only two of the three entries:
- camoFS
- camoFS Surveillance StartStop
but not
- CamoFS PIP startStop

I contacted the owner of the plugin who replied that he cannot discriminate against such a thing; in fact disassembling the plugin.pyo (python 2) it seems to me that the three entries are treated in the same way (as far as I understand), apart from the entry "camoFS Surveillance StartStop" which is also inserted in the main menu.

Any tips?
Hello and thanks

Mick12334

Staff member
What image, are you running, is it an old version of OpenBh, Black Hole, or other, and what make/model receiver do you have?
I've never used camFS, or heard of it, before.

paperino61

What image, are you running, is it an old version of OpenBh, Black Hole, or other, and what make/model receiver do you have?
I've never used camFS, or heard of it, before.
Hi, I'm using OBH 4.4.023 on SOLO4K...... I can't try on OBH 5, because the plugin realized with python 2.
camoFS is a plugin that control cameras, activate alarm on them, etc etc..... ( https://www.fs-plugins.de/ but offline at the moment)
I'm not sure the plugin is "guilty"....
if you like I can post the code where there are instructions for list entries in Plugin menu and extensions menu

paperino61

That explains why you mentioned Python 2, I thought it might have been a typo.

this is the code where there are instructions for list entries in Plugin menu and extensions menu
watching tv live three entries exists both in plugin menu and Extensions menu
watching a recorded movie three entries are shown in plugin menu; in extension menu only CamoFS and CamoFS surveillance StartStop (not CamoFS PiP StartStop)

def Plugins(path, **kwargs):
global plugin_path
plugin_path = path
list = []
try:
if str(my_sets['start_menu']) != '2':
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS'), description=_('Start CamoFS'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=main))
if my_sets['dauer_cam'] and my_sets['dauer_cam'] != 'None':
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS PiP StartStop'), description=_('Start/Stop Camera PiP'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=dauerbild))
if my_sets['ext_menu'] and my_sets['motion_detect'] != 'no' and my_sets['alert_on']:
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS surveillance StartStop'), description=_('Start/Stop Camera surveillance'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=start_stop))
return list
except Exception as e:
f = open(my_sets['debugpath'] + 'camoFSdebug.txt', 'a')
f.write('error!\n' + str(e) + '\n\n')
f.close()

paperino61

this is the code where there are instructions for list entries in Plugin menu and extensions menu
watching tv live three entries exists both in plugin menu and Extensions menu
watching a recorded movie three entries are shown in plugin menu; in extension menu only CamoFS and CamoFS surveillance StartStop (not CamoFS PiP StartStop)

def Plugins(path, **kwargs):
global plugin_path
plugin_path = path
list = []
try:
if str(my_sets['start_menu']) != '2':
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS'), description=_('Start CamoFS'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=main))
if my_sets['dauer_cam'] and my_sets['dauer_cam'] != 'None':
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS PiP StartStop'), description=_('Start/Stop Camera PiP'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=dauerbild))
if my_sets['ext_menu'] and my_sets['motion_detect'] != 'no' and my_sets['alert_on']:
list.append(PluginDescriptor(name=_('CamoFS surveillance StartStop'), description=_('Start/Stop Camera surveillance'), where=[PluginDescriptor.WHERE_EXTENSIONSMENU, PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU], icon='camoFS.png', fnc=start_stop))
return list
except Exception as e:
f = open(my_sets['debugpath'] + 'camoFSdebug.txt', 'a')
f.write('error!\n' + str(e) + '\n\n')
f.close()
HI Mick12334,
don't waste your time. I found that the error is not in the entries definition , but in definiction of "fnc dauerbild". I am not able to understand the error, but I am sure there is an error :-( .
Trying to define the entries with another function, everything works fine