Incorrect Time.

goral

I just flash backup image.
After restart is wrong time.
time on box is 4h 10m up.
I try setting up NTS nothing help.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
NTP works, if the Internet connections does. Set it for a check every 30 minutes.
You may also try other NTP server, in case the default one is not reachable.
Instead, if you don't use NTP, the time depends on the channel you set as 1.
Image and box has no clock: so, don't accuse them but check your n.1 channel in your bouquet list.
But, I've been using NTP for many, many years without a single problem.

goral

I just make fresh image flashing.
It was happen first time, I flash backup image many time - never was problem with time. My be image backup was corrupted.
By thew way - is any command to force NTS for time synchronization and not wait 30 minutes?

AlexWilMac

Staff member
Why? Didn't it work after 30 minutes?
NTP (not NTS) sync should be immediately performed at boot. But, if also after 30 minutes, it doesn't sync, I have to go back to my previous post: have you tried other NTP servers? You can find a lot of them on the Internet.
Please try and then report.

gogy

Solo hago que la imagen nueva parpadee.
Sucedió la primera vez, flasheé la imagen de respaldo muchas veces, nunca hubo un problema con el tiempo. La copia de seguridad de mi imagen be estaba dañada.
Por cierto, ¿hay algún comando para forzar NTS para la sincronización de tiempo y no esperar 30 minutos? [/ QUOTE]
Yes, I use oscam

1. turn off oscam from the cam menu

2. then restart the deco completely and tell me if the time is correct

goral

Why? Didn't it work after 30 minutes?
NTP (not NTS) sync should be immediately performed at boot. But, if also after 30 minutes, it doesn't sync, I have to go back to my previous post: have you tried other NTP servers? You can find a lot of them on the Internet.
Please try and then report.
Yes, I restart many times, no I not try any other NTP servers.
I just flash clean image.

goral

With different NTP - not working. It happen when I test other image, and then restore OBh from imagebackup.
It only works when I turn off oscam. But later after restart time is different.
It was never happen in previous version! Only in 5.0.009
It looks like backup image is some how affected with incorrect time under 5.0.009 version.

AlexWilMac

Staff member
I suspect you didn't tell us that your OBH 5.0.009 is running from OMB, not from flash: am I right?

goral

I suspect you didn't tell us that your OBH 5.0.009 is running from OMB, not from flash: am I right?
I don't now what is OMB?
What I done:
1. Flash clean image (USB)
2. Configuring to my needs.
3. I make full image backup. For easy restore image and all my configuration. (copy image backup to PC)
4. I try test different software-image. In this case was OpenVti - but I have no much time to proper testing.
5. I back to OBh - I flash from USB my image backup.
6. After full restore, bootlogo is still from OpenVTi and time is about 10h different then real time.

That was i done.

It happen earlier, same scenario, but different image for try. I just think it was my mistake when I made image backup. So I flash fresh image. But it happen agene.
So it very little chance was my fault. Especially since this never happened with previous versions of OBh it happen only in 5.0.009 ver.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
The problem is your oscam build.

It starts before enigma2 is fully running so it picks up the wrong time.

Either stop oscam and restart your box, or update you oscam version.

Ev0

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know, better to build your own, then you can apply the timefix in the config options.

goral

OMB is OpenMultiboot. In fact, I said:"...is running from OMB, not from flash". These are the two modes.
I not use OpenMultiboot.
I will make test today and flash old backup image from former version OBh, with same oscam for check if is oscam fault.

gogy

I not use OpenMultiboot.

I will make test today and flash old backup image from former version OBh, with same oscam for check if is oscam fault.
This time error that occurs on some sporadic occasion is produced by the Oscam emulator in its configuration parameter called clockfix (which corrects the system time) through a satellite transponder, and it may happen that when putting a a satellite frequency has the wrong time, this oscam parameter corrects the time in the system wrongly, and then it cannot be corrected even using ntpd while oscam is in use.

use a compiled oscam version without clockfix