Instaling ipk

goral

Hi
I wanted to install the *.ipk and more specifically the oscam emulator (as a program nothing to do with piracy),
Everything runs correctly, but after a reboot I still only have the old one available, no new one.
What am I doing wrong?

el bandido

Is the plugin you are trying to install compatible with the image you are running? For example, most python 2 plugins are not compatible with python 3 images.

For best results, install .ipk files and plugins from the feeds. If the image you are using does not have the plugin you want in feeds, try to find one that does and use it.

To really find out what happened, you will need to use telnet (putty for Windows). Put the plugin you want to install into the /tmp folder of the receiver. Then using the terminal, type: opkg install /tmp/*.ipk . You may also try: opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/* .ipk.

The terminal should output any error messages and also tell you if the plugin or .ipk file installed correctly.

goral

Thanks.
After running the command I have something like this:
Code:
enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk

root@vuuno4kse:~# opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
> Refusing to load file '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk' as it matches the installed version of enigma2-softcams-oscam-al      l-images (11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips).
> Unknown package '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk'.
>  * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package /tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk.
> Configuring enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images.
> ==================================================
> :Cihazınızın işlemcisini kontrol ediyorum ...
> :I m checking your device s processor ...
> :Cihazınız ARM işlemcisidir ...
> :Your Device IS ARM processor ...
> ***************************************************
> *                                                 *
> * No emu script to this image now .. ask about it *
> *                                                 *
> ***************************************************
>  * pkg_run_script: package "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images" postinst script returned status 1.
>  * opkg_configure: enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images.postinst returned 1.
> root@vuuno4kse:~# root@vuuno4kse:~# opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
> -bash: root@vuuno4kse:~#: command not found
> root@vuuno4kse:~# Refusing to load file '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk' as it matches the installed version of enigma2-softcams-oscam-al      l-images (11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips).
> -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
root@vuuno4kse:~# Unknown package '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk'.
-bash: Unknown: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~#  * opkg_solver_install: Cannot install package /tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk.
-bash: ipkgupgrade.log: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# Configuring enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images.
-bash: Configuring: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# ==================================================
-bash: ==================================================: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# :Cihazınızın işlemcisini kontrol ediyorum ...
-bash: :Cihazınızın: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# root@vuuno4kse:~# Unknown package '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk'.
-bash: root@vuuno4kse:~#: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# * No emu script to this image now .. ask about it *
root@vuuno4kse:~# *                                                 *
root@vuuno4kse:~# -bash: Unknown: command not found
-bash: -bash:: command not found
root@vuuno4kse:~# ***************************************************
root@vuuno4kse:~#  * pkg_run_script: package "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images" postinst script returned status 1.
root@vuuno4kse:~#

Does this mean no compatibility with Phyton 3.x?

Mick12334

Staff member
It appears to state that it's already installed, so you need to uninstall it first:
Code:
 Refusing to load file '/tmp/enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk' as it matches the installed version of enigma2-softcams-oscam-al      l-images (11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips).
Python 3 is only on the later OpenBh images, 5.0 and 5.1.
Can you please post make/model, of your receiver and which image you have loaded.

goral

Hi
OpenBh 5.1
VU+ Uno 4k SE

Only oscam manager does not show this version but a much older one. That is why I wanted to update it.
Is there any other way to get to oscam besides the blue button?

Alternatively, how can I uninstall oscam once installed?
Thanks.

el bandido

OPKG and telnet are your friends here.

First find out what is installed.
opkg list-installed

Find the cam you have installed and use telnet to remove it.
For example: enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk
Remove the example by doing this: opkg remove enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips_all.ipk

Then of course you already know how to install the .ipk using telnet.
For me, installing .ipk files using telnet is best because it shows if there are any errors.

Mick12334

Staff member
Why do you need version 11.714?
Have you tried the current version, you have installed, since you tried loading 11.714 .ipk file?

You have a 4K receiver, with a ARM CPU, so you require the ARM version, of Oscam Emu, from your previous post you might be loading one that is for both MIPS and ARM.

Last edited:

el bandido

The plugin he is trying to load works for many different images and receivers. The plugin understands what receiver is being used.
But you're not gonna get around this: No emu script to this image now .. ask about it
OpenBlackHole image is not supported with this plugin. That's why you see the error message shown above in bold.

el bandido

root@sf8008:/tmp# opkg remove enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images - 11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips
Removing enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images (11.714-emu-r798) from root...
Remove using: opkg remove enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images - 11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips

Then install this one:

Those steps worked for me. Looks like the extension for the image check was wrong in the plugin. So the plugin in the link is slightly modified or changed.

s8un3no

Consiglio di installare la oscam dai plugin dell'immagine, se non installata, poi sostituire il binario in /usr/bin con quello più gradito dandogli i permessi 755, è la via più facile e sicura. Se escono nuove versioni di oscam sostituire solo il binario
Translate
I recommend installing the oscam from the image plugins, if not installed, then replacing the binary in / usr / bin with the one you like giving it 755 permissions, it is the easiest and safest way. If new versions of oscam come out replace only the track

goral

Remove using: opkg remove enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images - 11.714-emu-r798-arm+mips

Then install this one:

Those steps worked for me. Looks like the extension for the image check was wrong in the plugin. So the plugin in the link is slightly modified or changed.
I managed to install it from your link, however, what I wanted doesn't work.
I'm guessing it's not just an oscam issue in my receiver.
Thanks for sharing this link and describing the installation.

el bandido

The .ipk installer was looking for a .pyo file that is unique to Open Black Hole image. The extension for this file has been changed to .pyc in python 3. That was the only install problem with the plugin.

zeberil

Consiglio di installare la oscam dai plugin dell'immagine, se non installata, poi sostituire il binario in /usr/bin con quello più gradito dandogli i permessi 755, è la via più facile e sicura. Se escono nuove versioni di oscam sostituire solo il binario
Translate
I recommend installing the oscam from the image plugins, if not installed, then replacing the binary in / usr / bin with the one you like giving it 755 permissions, it is the easiest and safest way. If new versions of oscam come out replace only the track
The download by the plugins sends the bin to usr/softcams... if it is OBH 5.1 that it is.

Thus, the camscript created, will indicate usr/softcams.

In my Duo 4K with OBH 5.1 I could not use the oscam-emu that is in the plugins, since it did not detect a certain cache link. So I put the 11684-798 bin on usr/softcams that works perfectly... the camsript is the same.