media/hdd files

antrabe

I have a little issue because when i reboot the files stored at this folder media/hdd are lost. There is any way to block this folder?

Indaco

HI, I don't think your files are lost. Are the files present in /mnt/hdd? I think that the HDD has not mounted during reboot (it happens to my solo4k sometimes), and then You can't see Your files in /hdd. Does a second reboot fix the issue?

Mick12334

Staff member
What make/model receiver are you using?
Do you have an internal hard drive, or are you using a USB device, or network storage?
Which version of openBh have you installed?
With an internal hard drive the folder is usually media/hdd/movie

antrabe

Im using octagon SF8008 wihtout external hdd i use internal. There store for example some txt file for pass to some plugins and are lost completly when i reboot. I have a copy on my pc i send via ftp but after reboot disapear all. Folder i have to use is media /hdd becuase plugin point out that location.

B.D.

The path "media/hdd" refers to the peripherals connected to the USB port, therefore USB sticks or hard disks.

B.D.

I never mounted anything, just insert the stick in the USB and the device does all the rest. Recordings will go in a "movie" folder and the timeshifts and backups will be sent to their own folders that will be automatically created.

s8un3no

Da come la vedo io la cartella /media/hdd è in flash, fino a che non si monta un disco fisico su quella posizione tutto quello che vi viene messo si perde con lo spegnimento. Se si ha un disco esterno collegato alla usb dietro questo va montato in /media/hdd e sarà disponibile. Per rendere permanente questo mount conviene usare i tools dell'immagine, ora non ricordo i percorsi, in modo che ogni volta che si accende il decoder si monta in automatico

Translate

From the way I see it, the / media / hdd folder is in flash, until you mount a physical disk on that position everything that is put there is lost with the shutdown. If you have an external disk connected to the usb behind it, it must be mounted in / media / hdd and it will be available. To make this mount permanent it is better to use the tools of the image, now I don't remember the paths, so that every time you turn on the decoder it mounts automatically

B.D.

@s8un3no
Sì, sono d'accordo, io ho omesso la parte di quando non vengono usate periferiche esterne, da qualche parte deve pur memorizzare ed è giusto che usa lo spazio interno.
Quello che invece trovo strano è che io non ho mai dovuto montare niente e di chiavette ne ho usate diverse, idem con gli HDD e sempre hanno funzionato da subito. Forse è una prerogativa dell'Octagon non saprei, mentre per altri decoder c'è questa cosa del montare.

Yes, I agree, I have omitted the part of when external peripherals are not beeing used, somewhere it has to memorize that data and it is correct that it uses the internal space.
What I find strange is that I never had to mount anything and I used several different sticks, same with the HDDs and they always immediately worked. Maybe it's a prerogative of the Octagon I don't know, while for other decoders there is this thing of mounting disks.