OBH 4.1.013 Update

S

slowpasseur

Dear all,
After the usual Sunday's update black out (this time the site was out too), today there is a 100 updates available. When trying to update, the system seems to backup & update, but after a few seconds (not minutes) it reboots and checking the status the image realise it's still on 4.1.012. Tryied several times but got same result.
It looks I'm an update addicted but this is the best of a dynamic system.....otherwise we could buy a "commercial" STB and live in peace for years...
Cheers

STB is a Duo2.

A

Alexwilmac

I don't know for the Duo2 but surely there is no update for Solo4K and, usually, they are all released at the same time.

B

bogdanm

You try first made reboot box ?
And next made online update.
Somethimes when forum is down is problem with update but in next hours all back to normal.

S

slowpasseur

You try first made reboot box ?
And next made online update.
Somethimes when forum is down is problem with update but in next hours all back to normal.
Yes I followed the standard online update procedure and even switched the STB before but did not work.
I don't know for the Duo2 but surely there is no update for Solo4K and, usually, they are all released at the same time.
It looks, according to the release notes that there is, among others, an "openbh: release 4.1.013 made by Ev0-BH on 29/01/18 11:16:21
Best regards

E

Ev0

I think 4.1.012 introduced a bug in the online update.

If doing a software update is not working for you.

Do it in telnet (I just tested this with Ultimo4K and it updated fine).

In telent type:
Code:
opkg update

Press enter

Then type:
Code:
opkg upgrade

Press enter

When you get a command prompt back, just type reboot and press enter.

S

slowpasseur

Many thanks Ev0. I did as advised and everything went flawlessly: now the STB is with the OBH 4.1.013 and others latest updates!

A

Alexwilmac

Yes, today it was available alo fo Solo4K and, by GUI, it didn' succeed, whilst by terminal it got me this error (or warning) as last line:

depmod: ERROR: Module 'hci_vhci' has devname (vhci) but lacks major and minor information. Ignoring.

but it seems having updated to .013.

A

amila perera

Once again ac3 sound not working after updating. Any suggestions please

A

actarus

I think 4.1.012 introduced a bug in the online update.

If doing a software update is not working for you.

Do it in telnet (I just tested this with Ultimo4K and it updated fine).

In telent type:
Code:
opkg update

Press enter

Then type:
Code:
opkg upgrade

Press enter

When you get a command prompt back, just type reboot and press enter.
Thank!!!
VU+SOLO SE OK