OBH 5.3 crashing when trying to format USB

Trying to format a Kingston DataTraveller 256GB USB stick on OBH 5.3 on my Edision Mio 4k Plus. It seems to partition successfully but when trying to format it crashes every time. Works fine on an 8GB DataTraveller. Does OBH have a partition size limit for USB devices? I have attached the full log. Is anyone able to identify the issue?

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2023-11-06_14-58-15.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 3

Liquid

Staff member
Administrator
Trying to format a Kingston DataTraveller 256GB USB stick on OBH 5.3 on my Edision Mio 4k Plus. It seems to partition successfully but when trying to format it crashes every time. Works fine on an 8GB DataTraveller. Does OBH have a partition size limit for USB devices? I have attached the full log. Is anyone able to identify the issue?
The usb stick works correctly connected to the pc? Try to format it (full format not quick one) on the pc and fill it with content.... Probably it will hang on the pc too.

The usb stick works correctly connected to the pc? Try to format it (full format not quick one) on the pc and fill it with content.... Probably it will hang on the pc too.
Thanks Liquid. Yes, it's a strange one. The same stick works in a PC and partitions and formats without issues on my Vu+ Uno 4K SE (also running OBH 5.3) too. The issue seems specific to that USB stick on the Edision Mio OS 4k Plus. I sadly don't have a different stick of a similar size to test on the Edision but an 8GB works fine on that device.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
I believe this crash is coming because of the console which they still haven't fixed ?
Another problem may be the USB stick
but the crash is due to the console coding not accepting the skin defined font.

I believe this crash is coming because of the console which they still haven't fixed ?
Another problem may be the USB stick
but the crash is due to the console coding not accepting the skin defined font.
It never occurred to me to try a different skin. My Vu+ is using a different skin so perhaps that's the difference. I was wondering where the Unicode errors were coming from but that makes a lot of sense. I will give that a try and post back with the results.

Matrix10

Staff member
Administrator
It never occurred to me to try a different skin. My Vu+ is using a different skin so perhaps that's the difference. I was wondering where the Unicode errors were coming from but that makes a lot of sense. I will give that a try and post back with the results.

Try with @KFL ScrollLabel.py

I hope @Ev0
make an image update soon